Need to do something new

Nich

I love my current save but it is getting a bit laggy.  I was considering doing an RSS or near future tech play through but I wanted to wait for 1.1 and the mods to be updated.  So I was thinking of doing a "For the Love of Probes" with remote tech I was also considering setting up a youtube channel if anyone was interested.

RSS will probably profit from 1.1 (being able to pile on nice appearance mods with high resolution textures) but it will be some time to it. For me (1500h+) there is also no coming back to normal KSP after I experienced RSS, but thats probably me being overly fond of real spaceflight and the added difficulty. My first unmanned Lunar Orbit felt better than any grand tour in Stock. So if you're like me you will spend a considerable time in RSS so you may start now in Sandbox to get a feel and then switch to RP0 in 1.1

On the Youtube Channel part, do it if you want to do it not because anyone is interested. But that's probably again me because I'm egoistic and no subscriber to any channel ;)

Greetings

Ben

Edited by Navy2k

Wow I have been attempting this and I have to say it is quite difficult.  I have not had to farm funds or science yet but getting a probe to deep space and return is pretty challenging without a terrier or level 2 launch pad

I would try taking on challenges. This is a fun thing to do to keep KSP fresh and. And also they make good videos (much like you I thought why not lets make a YouTube channel). However it is rough. It is hard to get a base of subs from nothing (after a month of consistentlyish putting out videos I have 27 subs) and people are mean. But if you start a channel I would be more than happy to be your first sub :D good luck in whatever you do @Nich

Edited by Jhawk1099

Can you link your channel?  I can give some constructive criticisms.  I made 2 episodes however the production quality was not there.  I think if i wanted to do it I would have to spend 60ish on software to get the production values that are acceptable to me.  In addition to that I just don't think I am that interesting, gameplay might be interesting for 30 minutes but I find it hard to imagine holding anyones interest.  At least there where lots of explostions why oh why are tiny nose cones and .625 adaptors so far down in the tech tree :/

Missions so far have been pretty quick with a lot of explosions in between

3 missions rolling around KSA to get science to unlock probes

1 Mission into the air to get antenna that doesn't snap right away in air.

-lots or explosions as anything faster then 100m/s would snap the antenna)

1 Mission suborbital

-Was attempting orbital came up about 80 dv short

1 Mission to set up com sat relays around kerbin

- Extremely challenging missing all of the .625 tech and aerodynamic stuff needed to get to orbit and I had 157 dv to place all 4 satellites in a square.  Satellites are unpowered

1 Mission attempting the Mun, but got high science at least

-Very challenging as on reentry science and parachutes did not want to follow the heat shield into the atmosphere.  After many many explostions, dead satellites, failed launches, antennas forgotten I finally got it which was very satisfying and unlocked the terrior

1 Mission Mun Flyby high and low science

-Extremely easy, just replaced the swivel with a terrier on the previous design

1 Mission Mun com sats

-Extremely easy as I used the Kerbin com sat launcher replacing the swivel with a terrier

39 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Do a challenge.

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's because a lot of people are taking a break until the new version comes out, but...it seems to be very hard right now to actually find any GOOD challenges.  Almost all of the ones I could find on the forum now seem to suffer from at least one of the following problems:

• Impossible to actually complete
  • Way TOO easy and not actually a challenge at all
  • Poorly thought out or overly vague
  • So specific or tightly constrained that there's probably only one way to actually do them and don't allow for any real creativity in the solution(especially all of the "Recreate the vessel in this picture" ones
  • Require a specific set of mods in order to play(RSS and/or BDA seem to be needed for a lot of them)
  • No longer being maintained or updated

I could only find maybe half a dozen challenges that really looked worth trying and weren't so old that I'd be necroposting if I replied to them. 

As for me, I just started a new career playthrough with RemoteTech installed

hhhmmmm...  any thoughts on station keeping?  I had everything withing .01 seconds of each other and they are already starting to bunch up.  Cant wait until I get ants and oscars for station keeping

hhhmmmm...  Any advice?  I would like to do a Mun landing and return however with an 18t limit I am kind of stuck.  I don't have enough dv and without fuel lines I can't really do drop tanks, lander is too tall, Don't have any of the .625m parts unlocked yet.  I have upgraded the VAB so I can do 256 parts.

93YLmez.png

Edited by Nich

Well I came up with what I think is a pretty good solution.  I had to remove a heat shield I wanted as it blocked fuel flow from the top to bottom.  Made it to a 150 x 50 km orbit before ditching the last tank on top.  Made it back with 250 science and 400 dv left.  I think I am over the hump but it will be interesting to see if I can complete the tree with 1 visit to each body.

3osb1KR.png

On 7.4.2016 at 10:28 AM, Nich said:

I love my current save but it is getting a bit laggy.  I was considering doing an RSS or near future tech play through but I wanted to wait for 1.1 and the mods to be updated.  So I was thinking of doing a "For the Love of Probes" with remote tech I was also considering setting up a youtube channel if anyone was interested.

The Challenge section is open 24/7. Knock yourself out :)

hhhmmm.... Well while flying out my relay and lander for Minimus my slingshot bugged out around the Mun.  Lander was sent correctly buy my relay went back into its old orbit (like it never even flew by the Mun)  To make things even better the lander is going to be flung into Solar orbit because it does not have a signal.  Is there anyways to temporarily disable the relay requirements in remote tech or should I just hyperedit the relay network into orbit?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.