SCF 6/8/2016: The "Noob's first shot" edition.

STANDARD DISCLAMER:

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I am not official in any way, shape, or form. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

Ok, with that out of the way, let's get on with my first Space Craft Friday! Now, there didn't seem to be too much new stuff at first for this week, but after looking around I found some pretty cool stuff!

(Also note, the craft are in no particular order or set)

First craft: Railroad By KHTRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=unDWIr6Sqs8

This is one of the first things I came across. This guy build a small railroad system to go with his Duna base he's building. Very creative, I love it! Unfortunately, the download link was removed because of the less-than-recent ban on Mediafire links, so I can't provide anything else on it. But still, enjoy the video he presented!

Next craft: Mk3 Orbiter By Sojun

D9nvHv7l.jpg

Sojun made an impressive looking Mk3 SSTO, and even brought it up to 1.1 Specs. Unfortunately, because of this I was unable to test it (Proud KSPStore user here :)), but from what I can see it looks rather awesome, and has plenty of Delta-V to at least get to LKO. Also, this is just me, but I happen to really like it's small, compact design. And as a plus, it comes with a cool little Ion Segway!

4dfHh2dl.jpg

Next craft: Badger ATV- the 4x4 perfect for all your off-roading needs! By ScriptKitt3h

qFbqV9Pl.png

Man, I wish I was as good building cars as everyone else here! This buggy is really cool to look at, a lot of fun to drive, but like most rovers do be weary of tipping. Luckily there is an SAS module to help out with that. However, if you prefer fun over safety, it does come attached with rocket boosters when things aren't awesome enough (or, to just to get over hills and such, idk.):

ftRb6Vwl.png

WARNING: Unless you like lowriders, do NOT use this buggy with phys time warp!

QXPmbjSl.png

You have been warned!

Next craft: Gato Class Submarine By pTrevTrevs

c9t4Rgul.png

Now, when I first saw this craft, I thought, Oh cool, I'll get to try out a sub! Well, we went to the testing...

bDUtKbMl.png

I think I still have a few things to learn with subs. Luckily, this can be fixed by just removing some ore out of the tanks, mainly from the back. After that, it cruses around at a reasonable speed. But that, coupled with the 320 part count, means it will be a slow journey. Another reason why I'm hyped for 1.1, so I can use craft like this with better FPS! Moving on to ascetics, the sub uses many unique parts to get cool designs, including things like combining a medium landing leg and a small drill to make a cannon!

Pc2Mkczl.jpg

(Also to note, it does not come with a method of delivery, so you will have to figure out how to get it into to water yourself.)

Final craft: Hydra I Lightweight Maneuverable Aircraft By DolphinDude3

09eDC6Jl.jpg

Now, when I was first trying out this craft, I was a bit skeptical about this aircraft's true capabilities, but after flying it around for a good amount of time, I have to say it lives up to it's expectations, maybe exceeding them. When it comes to maneuverability, it excels in almost everything. Speed, pitching, yawing, the only thing I found it lacking in was rolling, but even then the other specs make up for it entirely. Also, I found a way to get something of an "infinite stall" that makes it turn infinitely left or right without yaw input. I'll have to replicate it again, because I don't remember the exact way to get it to work.

GX9N4p4l.png

The yaw that's being imputed is from the SAS, not me. Anyways, I clocked this thing at about 370 m/s with wet mode on at sea level, over 750 around 5000 meters, and so on. Wet mode is toggled with R, interestingly enough. Overall, a really awesome plane to fly around.

Well, that about does it for this week's craft, there were a good amount of choices to go through, I congratulate those who made it on the list! Also, please let me know what you think about this week's selection!

Wow, I feel pretty honored to be on SCF for once! Thanks for picking the Badger, and congrats to everyone else who got featured!

5 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

I like that Badger ATV by @ScriptKitt3h.  Looks like something that could be airdropped for fun...I mean science surveys...around Kerbin :)

Well... I did make a version for... certain things on Kerbin...

ykfT1gu.png

Yup. Thats a BDA M2 .50 cal on the roof. :P

57 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Wow, I feel pretty honored to be on SCF for once! Thanks for picking the Badger, and congrats to everyone else who got featured!

No problem, you're buggy was awesome! :) Although I do suggest doing something about that time warp issue I mentioned earlier. During my testing the back dropped down and destroyed the back engines. :( 

6 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Thanks for stepping in Yellowburn10! Nice choices, good job.

No problem, happy to help! :)

2 hours ago, castille7 said:

I think you did a nice job with the presentations this week! Everyone here have some really nice builds!

Thank you! Although at first I felt worried that my presentations were a little lack-luster, but I'm glad you guys liked it.

52 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

Thank you! Although at first I felt worried that my presentations were a little lack-luster, but I'm glad you guys liked it.

I think you actually wrote better descriptions for the craft than most people do, they were pretty well written.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.