Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

will kethane work with the fuel transfer mod? i hope so because i could create massive kethane mining stations to refuel large craft :D

You can't transfer regular fuel from one place to the other. However you are able to transfer kethane from one to another. And thats within the Kethane Plugin itself. (we will consider the ability to transfer other fuels too)

If you want to use the transfer mod, you will be only able transfer the regular fuel as that isn't compatible with our plugin.

So you will be able to build mining facilities :).

We Are getting CLOSE to completion and with a bit of luck, we are able to release tomorrow!

Edited by Dani-Sang

Will we be able to toggle kethane engines like ion ones? I wouldn't want to waste my kethane fuel while maneuvering in orbit.

There won't be a toggler, you will be able to adjust thrust, like the ion engines...... and regular liquid engines.

Will we be able to toggle kethane engines like ion ones? I wouldn't want to waste my kethane fuel while maneuvering in orbit.

i suppose you mean the mumech toggle menu the ion engine has, the kethane engine is probaby not goign to have that, beacause its not based on the muMechvariableEngine module.

Could there be a right-click menu like there is for the air-breathing engines?

We currently in the process of creating the engine. Might be ready tomorrow. Initial release will be raw and it is possible it won't have that. But I can asure you, that we will implement it eventually.

Also everybody check the main post (or dev thread - place to be to check out all the screenshots of our testing). I've made a little update on the kethane discription.

Can you give me the link for the previous satellite pack?

My ksp won't load the parts at the start. (current Satellite pack)

Thanks

Sure you got the plugins downloaded? 3 in total?

Is perhaps an ion based RCS thruster a possibility?

Nope.

Okay, that's clear... Is that a technical limitation, or is it just not in your plans?

Lets say I try to follow balancing rules.. also techncial limitaiton because upcomming energy plugin that I'm going to use doesn't have that ability.

About the engines, Ion Engine will also only have a right-click menu in the next version - it was the last step in getting away from the MuMechLib dependency and also doesn't spam your screen with an extra GUI.

RCS blocks are currently not possible, but I've heard about that multiple times, if someone really needs it, he or she cann suggest it in my thread :sticktongue:

Ok so I have MuMechLib.dll 1.9.1 installed in Plugins as well as PowerTech_MuMech.dll for KB.16 and MuMech 1.9. Do I need to install the PowerTech.dll as well? I've tried with and without it and the Solar Panel kits are either not compatible in one way or will attach but I have no way of deploying them.

Documentation on installation procedures and how to operate it could be a bit better, I'm really confused :(

About the engines, Ion Engine will also only have a right-click menu in the next version - it was the last step in getting away from the MuMechLib dependency and also doesn't spam your screen with an extra GUI.

Why has this ion engine no propellant ?

They usualy should use gas i think.

Why has this ion engine no propellant ?

They usualy should use gas i think.

just going to quote somebody else. It adds noting at the gameplay atm:

Well, I tried one of the more realistic Ion engines, and I have to agree that, as it stands now, they are pretty useless - since you can't timewarp while under acceleration, the only other option is to leave your computer on for 6-7 hours just to build up enough speed to reach the Mun. Not very fun...

This game isn't going for realism, but for gameplay. So is this mod, this isn't a reality mod and we prefere coolness and awesome loooking gameplay.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.