Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Here are some suggestions for a future version of the Satellite Pack:

1. Bigger Ion Engine. The one included now is (in my opinion) a little small and under-powered.

2. Internal Batteries. Like stock fuel tanks, except with solar power.

3. Bigger Solar Panels. Again, I think the current panels are a little small.

4. Some actual satellites, like controllable,solar-powered satellites.

Sorry if this sounds like a wishlist, but I think that these things really should be in that modpack. I love this pack, and I just want to help out.

...or simply build a Kethane Lobster :D

- All Kethane services / devices fitted

- ION Drive

- LH Rover ground mobility

- VTOL capable (Eagle pack)

- LH Payload Capsule rdy

- MechJeb Avionics

- EPS

- ZO2 incl. ground equipment

- MapSat

- Kosmos animated Panels using EPS (ZO2)

- all i forgot to mention...

i250004_KethaneExplorer8.jpg

(i assembled the sensor on the side using a Kosmos external fuel assembly part, yes i know... i forgot turning the landing gear 45 deg :rolleyes:)

more screens here: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/63186578/1/Kethane_Lobster?h=c0ce93

I saw your previous creation.. but holy molly..

many Thanks to all involved, its working great, scanning and landing there then is amazing, a bit like treasure hunting !

...any chance that debris ships (i devided them using 2 MechJeb ACC cases (this create 2 crafts out of one) will be showing in the pumpig target list ?, i use it as some kind of fuel/Kethane base store after landing and launching the Lobster. The debis craft is independent, boardable and or selectable as a craft using mission control.

...same for the fuel transfer mod then but i have to ask in the right threat then also it seams.

Yes, such ideas we have planned. I've been trying this myself and sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. This is something our team also really would love to see.

I'm really happy that you are finding excitement with our pack.

Here are some suggestions for a future version of the Satellite Pack:

1. Bigger Ion Engine. The one included now is (in my opinion) a little small and under-powered.

2. Internal Batteries. Like stock fuel tanks, except with solar power.

3. Bigger Solar Panels. Again, I think the current panels are a little small.

4. Some actual satellites, like controllable,solar-powered satellites.

Sorry if this sounds like a wishlist, but I think that these things really should be in that modpack. I love this pack, and I just want to help out.

1. Current one is actually overpowered in my opinion, cause you could land on the moon with it. We opening space for kethane which will be another type of fuel and we want to give its own "style". Ion is meaned for interstellar travels only + unlimited fuel

2. Already modeled and being tested, after that texturing. They will be in the next update

3. I've got 5/6 new re-designed solar panels of different sizes, including bigger ones

4. How do you mean? You can't control them? I can? Didn't understand your suggestion, srry.

Glad you are liking the pack.

I need spotlights and navlights better than RPGprayer's navlights.

You know some?

Thanks!

Thx for remembering me, next version will have the cart-plugin included and that again allows me to make lights. I will try to fit them in the next version.

Another way to fit the Kethane sensor:

1) Attach as many tanks/kethane tanks as you want arround a MMI regular Hull.

2) Attach MMI thin hulls on top of them

3) profit! - more than enough available hardpoints.

cssr1.jpg

I parachuted a 'miner' onto kerbin (with parachutes) but the impact with the ground, with lander legs, at 7.5 m/s, sheered the drills off my craft. :(. The drills didn't touch the ground, the 'fell' off on impact. Is there a cog setting for that?

I parachuted a 'miner' onto kerbin (with parachutes) but the impact with the ground, with lander legs, at 7.5 m/s, sheered the drills off my craft. :(. The drills didn't touch the ground, the 'fell' off on impact. Is there a cog setting for that?

I will look at it and note it down on the "bugfix/take a look at" list.

hi hoow do i downlaod this mod i cant fond it thx ^_^

As it is your first post i'm assuming your new to the forum. It is customary to place the downloads in the first post of a thread and update it there when a new version has been created. Your post is #361. Post #1 is the first post of page 1. Somewhere in that post you'll find the download button/marker. Good luck and enjoy yourself.

Hm, awesome mod, congratulations, Dani-Sang :) -- oh, one question though, let's say i map and find a kethane pocket, then place the coordenates on MechJeb AutoLander, but after some time trying to land, i can't manage to get the exact coordenates, is that a problem, or the pocket is big?

EDIT: Eh, Kouston, we have an problem. My sensor isn't making any noise anymore, and it isn't mapping things anymore. Any solution?

EDIT2: Another problem. My Latitude and Longitude/MechJeb skillz are kind of bad, so, i can't figure out to land into the pocket >:(

Edited by Andrezado

I've noticed when using the Kethane Plugin, MechJeb, Carts, PowerTech, PowerTech MuMech, and the RemoteTech plugin I get a lot of bugs. These plugins would work great together.

I also couldnt leave the ship and return to the Space Center. I couldnt even end flight. Also text input in MechJeb (for example, setting desired Ap) was reversed. None of these issues arose until installing Kethane. I really hope you guys can't get these mods to play nice together, im loving the Kethane plugin so far.

I've noticed when using the Kethane Plugin, MechJeb, Carts, PowerTech, PowerTech MuMech, and the RemoteTech plugin I get a lot of bugs. These plugins would work great together.

I also couldnt leave the ship and return to the Space Center. I couldnt even end flight. Also text input in MechJeb (for example, setting desired Ap) was reversed. None of these issues arose until installing Kethane. I really hope you guys can't get these mods to play nice together, im loving the Kethane plugin so far.

I have to agree. When using mechjeb + Isa map sat on a craft i cant go back to the space center and had to ctrl + alt + del to exit the game. Will test again later with kethane + mechjeb and Kethane + Isamap sat to see which one is causing the problems.... Was a nice idea to map the planet AND search for kethane at the same time :( Also i noticed my kethane map isnt persistant between ships... I made part of a map with one craft. Ended flight quit the game, went back on today and the mapping id done was gone....

seams the problem is related to RemoteTech, cause as i dont use it atm and all is working nearly exceptional.

I really hope that it's an easy fix. These two mods are perfect for eachother. I had a rocket launch with four remote controlled rovers with extractors on them. Once I hit the mun I tried to go to the Space Center and that's when I realized that things were broke.

Edited by zuff

...yes a pity, i was planing integrating RemoteTech as the next step up in gameplay,

but i also have to say there maight be also a little incompaibility using the ZO2 moon driller together with the Kethane parts fitted now, they simply break or wont move in position nearly every time sience i`ve fitted the Kethane parts, i have to look into this closer, did you guys changed the mun`s surface inside or close to the Kethane fields ?

I'm using all these plugins except PowerTech_MuMech, and used all of them except PowerTech on one truck, and I did not have any problems with it. Still didn't try to get it to Minmus though.

Try a simple mission with Carts and Remote Tech and send a Extrator Rover to the moon. You don't even have to put a RC antennae on it. You won't be able to leave the ship, you'll have to Ctrl-alt-delete the game.

Hey guys, could you please discuss other plugin's problems in the respective forums.

Reason is, if you post it here, the plugin creator will never know about the problem.

Also this game is in alpha state so bugs should be expected, don't be surprised about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.