UserVoice or GetSatisfaction or Trello

Dearest Squad,

I'm curious to know whether you have considered something like UserVoice or GetSatisfaction as a way of corralling all the suggestions and putting them to a popularity vote?

I see from some of the stickies that the same questions come up a lot, and hopefully that would be somewhat reduced; but I think it would be a good way to also allow us to upvote suggestions and make it really obvious which are the most important to us in the community. 

Thanks!

Popularity votes are as meaningless as polls on the forums.  They are only affected by a subset of the players.  The players who like it the way it is, largely don't vote.  In the end Squad has to decide what is really worthwhile.  Remember, even though we like to offer ideas and suggestions, and Squad often listens to them, it is their game and they will develop it how they see fit.

Edited by Alshain

I'm with  @Alshain  on this one.  Squad can, and should, develop the game as they see fit, as they are the ones with the road map in their heads.

They can be, and have been, guided by us, and changed the map a little on occasion in response to what they considered to be some good ideas from us, but to implement things just because the players appear to want them is not the right way to go.

Sweet, I accept that rationale. There is certainly value in having a single entity running the ship. 

Mostly I was thinking that it might be a more appropriate vehicle for receiving feedback compared to this forum. The stickies seem to be largely about searching before suggesting and "these are the common suggestions, please don't suggest them again"; both of these are taken care of by UserVoice and GetSatisfaction. The voting is less interesting to me, but I see the problems with it; when given a vote, one generally assumes that it means something. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.