[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

23 minutes ago, kingpievii said:

for some reason it wont load and gets stuck on this line kwrocketry/parts/aero/150mmSRBTop/part/Kw2SRBNoseCone

Welcome to the forums! Please read "how to get support" in my signature, and if none of the direct suggestions there help you fix this issue, it provides instructions on how to find KSP's log and post it - something is throwing an exception and the log will almost always reveal it.

20 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Welcome to the forums! Please read "how to get support" in my signature, and if none of the direct suggestions there help you fix this issue, it provides instructions on how to find KSP's log and post it - something is throwing an exception and the log will almost always reveal it.

for some reason i cant find the logs

On 5/18/2016 at 0:47 AM, blowfish said:

Are you on Windows? If so it should be KSP.log in your KSP root folder.

No, that won't be the right one.

On Windows, the file is <kspfolder>/KSP_Data/output_log.txt (for 32 bit)

64bit will be: <kspfolder/KSP_x64_DATA/output_log.txt

On 5/18/2016 at 10:26 AM, kingpievii said:

for some reason it wont load and gets stuck on this line kwrocketry/parts/aero/150mmSRBTop/part/Kw2SRBNoseCone

Hey mate are you using realism overhaul with the real fuels addon?

Edited by vader111

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, that won't be the right one.

On Windows, the file is <kspfolder>/KSP_Data/output_log.txt (for 32 bit)

64bit will be: <kspfolder/KSP_x64_DATA/output_log.txt

The output of these two logs is slightly different, but if there's an exception they should both show it.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

The output of these two logs is slightly different, but if there's an exception they should both show it.

the output_log.txt shows more data than the other one, it is the preferred log file

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

the output_log.txt shows more data than the other one, it is the preferred log file

KSP.log sometimes has useful information that output_log.txt doesn't have though, such as whether each log message is info, a warning, or an error. It also eliminates the useless line after each debug message, making the log smaller and easier to read.

Would like to report that the big engines (Titan V and Griffon Century) don't appear in-game if you don't also have Community Tech Tree installed. CTT should either be listed as a dependency (If you're going to insist on it) or there needs to be a check for CTT so that the engines aren't moved to a non-existent node if you're not going to make CTT a dependency. 

I was able to track down the config that modifies the engines in this way and remove those bits for my purposes, but i figure I may as well report it. 

5 hours ago, G'th said:

Would like to report that the big engines (Titan V and Griffon Century) don't appear in-game if you don't also have Community Tech Tree installed. CTT should either be listed as a dependency (If you're going to insist on it) or there needs to be a check for CTT so that the engines aren't moved to a non-existent node if you're not going to make CTT a dependency. 

I was able to track down the config that modifies the engines in this way and remove those bits for my purposes, but i figure I may as well report it. 

You must have something else going on.  There is no dependency on CCT, and the engines are not moved to a non-existent node.  

I just tested this in a plain install, with nothing other than KW installed, and both of those engines showed up without any problem.

Please send me your log file.  You are probably running another mod which makes changes to the tech tree

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You must have something else going on.  There is no dependency on CCT, and the engines are not moved to a non-existent node.  

I just tested this in a plain install, with nothing other than KW installed, and both of those engines showed up without any problem.

Please send me your log file.  You are probably running another mod which makes changes to the tech tree

12 hours ago, Jeorge said:

If I remember correctly, it does appear even if CCT is not installed, It's just under a new 9th tier node called Experimental Rocketry.

If these are both so then I never get the new node. I presumed CTT was required because after looking at the config thats supposed to make the new node it references CTT quite a bit, as you can see here within KWPatch:

//New tech node to house the BIG engines

@TechTree
{
    RDNode:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!B9_Aerospace]
    {
        id = experimentalRocketry
        title = Experimental Rocketry
        description = The closer the top of your rocket is to the stars on the launchpad, the easier it is to reach them. Well, that's the theory.
        cost = 1000
        hideEmpty = False
        nodeName = node8_experimentalRocketry
        anyToUnlock = False
        icon = RDicon_rocketry-veryHeavy
        pos = -952,1635,-1
        scale = 0.6
        Parent
        {
            parentID = veryHeavyRocketry
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
        Parent
        {
            parentID = highPerformanceFuelSystems
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
    }

@RDNode:HAS[#id[experimentalRocketry]]:AFTER[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&B9_Aerospace]
    {
        Parent
        {
            parentID = highPerformanceFuelSystems
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
    }
}

After removing these bits from the config I get the engines in their original spot. As for what could potentially be conflicting with this if it is indeed supposed to work even without CTT (and B9 apparently, if I'm understanding what the "NEEDS" parts are doing), I haven't a clue as I don't have any other mods that alter the tech tree. (Unless its not supposed to that is, but everything I use is updated for 1.1.2, so any conflicts are inherent to the culprit)

Once I have a bit more spare time I'll reinstall KW as is (as I've modified a lot of it after the fact for my own purposes) and get another log.

6 hours ago, G'th said:

If these are both so then I never get the new node. I presumed CTT was required because after looking at the config thats supposed to make the new node it references CTT quite a bit, as you can see here within KWPatch:

After removing these bits from the config I get the engines in their original spot. As for what could potentially be conflicting with this if it is indeed supposed to work even without CTT (and B9 apparently, if I'm understanding what the "NEEDS" parts are doing), I haven't a clue as I don't have any other mods that alter the tech tree. (Unless its not supposed to that is, but everything I use is updated for 1.1.2, so any conflicts are inherent to the culprit)

Once I have a bit more spare time I'll reinstall KW as is (as I've modified a lot of it after the fact for my own purposes) and get another log.

What you are missing is that there is an exclamation point in front of the !CommunityTechTree, which means that CCT should NOT be installed

So it appears that if CCT IS installed, this particular patch won't be used.

Are you playing career or sandbox mode (very important)?

What other mods do you have installed?

KW Redux has a lot of patches, to accomodate a large variety of installed mods.  It seems that you have a conflict of some sort.

Please submit a log file with the UNMODIFIED version of KW.  At this point, you are making statements which are proveablely false.  I stated earlier that you have something else going on, yet you persist in saying there is a problem without any additional information.

For a test, I installed CCT with KW, and both engines showed up properly, I then installed B9 along with all of it's dependencies (using CKAN), both engines showed up properly, I then uninstalled CCT, leaving B9, and both engines showed up properly.

Edit:

I've been testing in a sandbox mode.  I decided to try a career mode, and finally saw the problem.  It has NOTHING to do with those engines, other than they are affected.  The problem is that the Experimental Rocketry node is missing, which you can see in the R&D facility.

To make it work (this is a temporary fix), do the following:

//New tech node to house the BIG engines

@TechTree
{
        RDNode // :NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!B9_Aerospace]
        {
                id = experimentalRocketry
                title = Experimental Rocketry

This will disable the checks for the CCT & B9, I'll work to figure out why this isn't working properly.

5 hours ago, blowfish said:

The NEEDS[B9_Aerospace] should probably be changed to a NEEDS[B9_Aerospace_HX], since that's where the node is defined now.

@blowfish I took a look at B9 while I had it loaded, I didn't see anything in there referencing B9_Aerospace_HX

Can you elaborate on this statement please?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ya know I get that its annoying to have people submit issues without providing everything, but I also think it was largely unnecessary to become so hostile as if I had not explicitly stated I would provide you the proper information to figure this out when I had time.

Though it was good to see that what I was pointing out was actually the issue. My best guess would be that may be the code for that functions got changed so that now it works opposite, or something? I'm not going to claim to have in-depth knowledge of Module Managers functions, but intuitively speaking it makes sense.

When you finally recreated the issue, was that with CTT/B9 installed or without? 

4 minutes ago, G'th said:

Ya know I get that its annoying to have people submit issues without providing everything, but I also think it was largely unnecessary to become so hostile as if I had not explicitly stated I would provide you the proper information to figure this out when I had time.

Though it was good to see that what I was pointing out was actually the issue. My best guess would be that may be the code for that functions got changed so that now it works opposite, or something? I'm not going to claim to have in-depth knowledge of Module Managers functions, but intuitively speaking it makes sense.

When you finally recreated the issue, was that with CTT/B9 installed or without? 

It would have been easier to find if you had stated that you were playing a career game;  since you didn't, I was checking in sandbox mode.  I only saw it in a career game because I was actually trying to play the game :-)

The issue is a syntax error, the following is the correct syntax for that first line:

RDNode :NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree & !B9_Aerospace]

and for the second:

@RDNode:HAS[#id[experimentalRocketry]]:AFTER[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree & B9_Aerospace]

Notice the spaces on each side of the ampersand.

I'm reporting this on the MM thread, since it appears that this used to work and now doesn't.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 minutes ago, G'th said:

Ah well thats fair. 

And there it is. Gotta love syntax.

I apologize for being harsh, but it's early for me, and you have no idea how many times I get a report that "something doesn't work" without any additional info.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@blowfish I took a look at B9 while I had it loaded, I didn't see anything in there referencing B9_Aerospace_HX

Can you elaborate on this statement please?

Sure.  A while back I split out the HX parts (big blocky ones) in to their own pack.  They're the only ones that actually use that tech tree node, so the patch came along with them.  You can see it here.

Edited by blowfish

9 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Sure.  A while back I split out the HX parts (big blocky ones) in to their own pack.  They're the only ones that actually use that tech tree node, so the patch came along with them.  You can see it here.

Ok, but does the HX parts have a dll which goes along with them?  MM doesn't look at directories, only dll's