The Dres KSPedia page

Deadpangod3

"Variations in gravitational measurements" = gravitational anomaly = Interstellar-like easter-egg/feature? (maybe even black holes?)

It does sound Interstellar-ish to me. And there are a couple points that make sense. For example, the huge release delay of 1.1. Squad might've taken their time to add yet-to-be discovered features. Maybe. Or maybe its just my that invisible tinfoil hat I'm wearing :P

I can confirm that Dres is a lie.
Poor people shouldn't waste their time flying in search of it.

[Ok in-crowd, that'll keep the plebs away.  Dres seaside resort bookings are at a premium for the discerning customer]

21 hours ago, dangerhamster said:

Don't be fooled...... it's just a ploy by the Dres awareness campaign. A bit like those Welsh tourist board adverts were it isn't raining.

Wales is like hawaii compared to this: http://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/

I've been to Newfoundland.  The colours on that girl don't exist there.

Woot!  I'm trending!  :wink:   The truth is out there...

In a more serious vein though, I'd love to see Dres revamped in some way to make it NOT an angry useless space potato.  The Drestroids were a nice start, but not enough in my opinion (they're NEAR Dres, they AREN'T Dres though).  Muns, atmospheres, more interesting terrain.   Anything!  Give it a huge mun and make it volcanically active... Rings.  Just.. not something that's basically Ike wearing a fake mustache.

smzEPC5.jpg

"I'm totally Dres and not Ike in a shoddy disguise at all.  Not even a little bit!"

The gravitational anomaly is caused by the fact that we thought we discovered Dres, but after looking at it's gravitational influence on Duna it seems that although it should be exerting a little bit of force according to our simulations, we didn't measure any. We looked in the telescope towards where Dres is supposed to be but we didn't see anything. On the other telescope that hasn't been cleaned in a while it still looked like there was a planet. So, that answers that question.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.