Shuttle Challenge v3 - The 1.1.x STS thread [Stock and Mod Friendly][11.10.2016 - CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENT]

http://imgur.com/a/L3O0B

@Speeding Mullet enjoy your holiday!

@Alchemist Hi, I read the thing that says you are in charge of the challenge for now so here's the link to the STS-4 (rescue mission) album.

Thanks for maintaining this while SM is away, and this mission is for stock commander badge, as the stranded shuttle's orbit met the challenge requirements, had a crew of 6 and I landed at the KSC. Also, the only mod was KER so I could see my DV and orbit info.

I also tried to make it a "fun" story, but I guess I failed at that, but hey at least I tried!

Now doing the station mission.

Thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, Alchemist said:

Well, here's my Duna mission report.

Way too much mess with landing - it just kept falling apart

Yeah, that's what my shuttle was doing all the time, too. You might try to add a few chutes, they do miracles, When I added them, I managed to land on my second try (without them, it took more like 50 or so). Anyway, I love your design :)

Michal.don

Hi guys, I'd like to enter my Half Mun class shuttle, the KSS Lionheart for STS - 1A.

The shuttle itself is a little unusual, being of the inline type, but it fulfils all the requirements for a shuttle and STS - 1A stated in the OP.

The HM comes under the 'Modded' category and utilises the following mods:

Bluedog Design Bureau for the Launch vehicle, orbiter batteries and main antenna.

Ven's Stock Revamp for retextured stock parts (tanks, solars, radiators, docking port).

Lack's SXT for the LV's fins and the orbiter's airbrakes and cockpit.

USI sounding rockets for the little radially- mounted probe core

RemoteTech for the low-gain antenna.

Coatl aerospace Probes+ for the majority of the payload (Georgia VII).

DMagic science for the GOREsat instrument for Georgia VII.

Tantares for the RCS system and LV's attitude control thrusters.

Surface Experiment Package for the KIS external storage locker of the orbiter.

Surface Lights for the external lighting.

SSR Microsatellite for the SAS chip.

The way payload deployment is arranged is unusual, simply because I'm playing in career mode and haven't unlocked any (modded) 1.25m cargo bays, so everything gets shipped up in the storage locker and assembled on EVA with KIS/KAS.

Thank you for your consideration,

NotAgain.

Edited by NotAgain
Forgot a mod.

On 14.07.2016 at 11:13 AM, michal.don said:

Hi there,

I managed to finish the mission. It took some time, mainly because I had to manage my Jool 5-ish mission in the meantime.

The modifications to Kolumbia weren't as drastic as I feared - I just switched the big cargo bay for a fuel tank and a smaller bay for the ISRU and drill, added two chutes, and improved the RCS system a bit. As you can see in the mission report album, I used this mission to rotate the crew on my Watney base located on Duna (Okay, I didn't have to add these images, I just wanted to show my lander which I think is pretty sweet :D ). As always, it was really fun, and I'm looking forward for more :)

http://imgur.com/a/ncb0g

Enjoy your holiday SM,

Michal.don

Well done! And it looks like I'm the one to have the honor to award the first rank 8 badge to you. Here you go! XKlYg8d.jpg

And even swapped the base crew. Looks like you've landed a bit too far from the base, so that you had to launch the lander and do crew swap in orbit, not just use the base's rover to do it on surface. Was the terrain the reason for different landing site?
Surprisingly, I don't see deployable radiators on your shuttle's mining rig. It usually takes a few of them to operate even a single drill (+ converting its ore) efficiently. Is a couple of static ones in the drill bay really enough?

4 hours ago, michal.don said:

Yeah, that's what my shuttle was doing all the time, too. You might try to add a few chutes, they do miracles, When I added them, I managed to land on my second try (without them, it took more like 50 or so). Anyway, I love your design :)

Thanks. The redockable drilling system really seemed like a good idea (initial concept was for an mining rover with either full ISRU rig - which is problematic to pack in the bay - or just with drill to drive out and use a claw, but this subassembly bought me with the ability to easily repack it) until the wheels started damaging or destroying themselves in the bay randomly. Next time I fly with a rover in the bay, it should be suspended on struts with wheels not touching anything. Or the usual inverse bay for a drill.

Yeah, it looks like the horizontal speed matters way too much. What easily survives 15-20 m/s vertical fall may get it's gear ripped off on much gentler touchdown at 100 m/s horizontal velocity. As if the wheels either didn't start acting right away or it hit the ground with something else, even for a single frame. Especially on even slightly uneven terrain.

8 hours ago, Cipher_077 said:

http://imgur.com/a/L3O0B

@Speeding Mullet enjoy your holiday!

@Alchemist Hi, I read the thing that says you are in charge of the challenge for now so here's the link to the STS-4 (rescue mission) album.

Thanks for maintaining this while SM is away, and this mission is for stock commander badge, as the stranded shuttle's orbit met the challenge requirements, had a crew of 6 and I landed at the KSC. Also, the only mod was KER so I could see my DV and orbit info.

I also tried to make it a "fun" story, but I guess I failed at that, but hey at least I tried!

Now doing the station mission.

Thanks in advance!

Whoa, a wing just fell off. At least not in the middle of a landing... Wait a second, is that a base of a decoupler I see there? :wink:

Interesting solution with redockable crew transfer module. 

What Pulse doesn't lack is Delta v. 1,1 km/s plane correction? I guess for some ships it's easier than aiming inclined reentry for KSC landing. And what a pack of reaction wheels! Any problems with control authority? Or just no control surfaces big enough for this airframe?

Anyway, here's the well deserved badge for the Pulse proving itself as a rescue vehicleyCCnUU7.jpg

2 hours ago, NotAgain said:

Hi guys, I'd like to enter my Half Mun class shuttle, the KSS Lionheart for STS - 1A.

The shuttle itself is a little unusual, being of the inline type, but it fulfils all the requirements for a shuttle and STS - 1A stated in the OP.

http://imgur.com/a/AHa6F

The HM comes under the 'Modded' category and utilises the following mods:

<snip>

The way payload deployment is arranged is unusual, simply because I'm playing in career mode and haven't unlocked any (modded) 1.25m cargo bays, so everything gets hipped up in the storage locker and assembled on EVA with KIS/KAS.

Thank you for your consideration,

NotAgain.

Interesting inlite design. Not only mounted on top of a rocket, but also dragging an external fuel pod behind.

Having payload disassembled and packed in KIS storage? Now that's something new! Well, you've proven that you can deploy payloads from this vessel and do some orbital assembly. And even rendezvous with another satellite for servicing... Quite unusual, but  fits the definition.

A nice little shuttle totally deserving a badge! 7RNmgnC.jpg Have you tried navigating it to KSC?

Edited by Alchemist

On 7/14/2016 at 3:30 AM, Speeding Mullet said:

Where did you land, is that a Kerbal Konstructs airport, or something that I've just entirely missed from the stock game?

Its just the Black Krags runway in Kerbal Konstructs.

@Alchemist  hey, I have a question for the asteroid mission! Do I have to land with it attached to the shuttle  or is it okay to drop it at the KSC runway with chutes like Hazard-Ish did in this video? Its important for me to know because if I can't drop it then I might have to build a new shuttle, as pulse is already VERY heavy and will probably not handle the weight of an asteroid.

Also I completed the station mission for the stock commander badge! (hyperlinks look better)

And aw, you saw my hidden decoupler in expresso, darn it! and answering your questions about pulse's reaction wheels, I use so many because I have the space for it (2 big cargo bays) but mostly for 2 reasons:

1- I like my ships to turn quickly. I dont like it when ships take too long to turn in space because I usually end up making it get a lot of inertia and then it takes a while to come back to place. when spinning I like to use 4x time warp but just like you can never have enough boosters in KSP you can never have enough reaction wheels. Except for when it turns so quickly it bends and breaks :0.0:

2- During landing, I have to touch down as smooth as possible (prograde vector above -5deg pitch) and slow, somewhere around 90m/s, do I fire drogues before touchdown. Having loads of reaction wheels helps keeping the nose at 10° longer thus preventing my wings from falling apart

Edited by Cipher_077

21 hours ago, Alchemist said:

Looks like you've landed a bit too far from the base, so that you had to launch the lander and do crew swap in orbit, not just use the base's rover to do it on surface. Was the terrain the reason for different landing site?
Surprisingly, I don't see deployable radiators on your shuttle's mining rig. It usually takes a few of them to operate even a single drill (+ converting its ore) efficiently. Is a couple of static ones in the drill bay really enough?

As for the landing site - I didn't choose my landing spot very carefuly, I just aimed for the lowlands and chose the final landing spot during the descent. I didn't aim for the base, because I had to visit the orbital outpost anyway, and the lander is 100% reusable and refueling it takes little time.

As for the radiators - the cooling was far from optimal. I tested the design in sandbox, and with a 5 star engineer on board the refueling time was reasonable. During the "real" mission in my carreer save it took much longer, I suspect it was because the engineer had only three stars, but time wasn't really an issue, I had more than one year until the next transfer window to Kerbin. So to answer your question - two static ones are "enough", but it would be much much better to pack bigger and more efficient radiators.

Michal.don

Hey,

I have finally finished the design on my "Faring Shuttle" that is now named Typhoon. Here it is delivering the core/hab of my station for STS-5.  

Mods used that affected the design/performance of my shuttle:

Mechjeb

Kerbal Engineer

Better Burn Time

RCS Balancer

Dang It!

Fuel Tanks Plus (External Tank)

Space Y (SRB's)

Stage Recovery (SRB Recovery)

RemoteTech

I've had a look through the previous challenges, and I think that this is a first for a faring based cargo delivery shuttle!

I had oodles of delta-v to spare, even with the incredibly inefficient ascent, so I think this design definitely has potential! 

Thanks,

Kit

On 7/15/2016 at 9:05 AM, Alchemist said:

Well, here's my Duna mission report.

*Video Snip*

Way too much mess with landing - it just kept falling apart

Just checking in quickly before I fly tomorrow, as @Alchemist couldn't very well have you waiting all the time I was on holiday to pass you out for STS Commander - Rank 8.  Absolutely loved this video, I think it's my favorite of the one's that you have made so far.  The crash reel was absolutely hilarious, some of those RUDS were pretty dubious for sure!

The extension to your low orbit outpost was a nice touch, and the mining vehicle (although potentially causing your issues) was well designed.  Great job over all and good to see you completing the last mission (currently) available.

Have a well deserved badge!   NtisK8P.jpg

Everyone else - Alchemist will check in and review your missions periodically as he has been already.  See you all in a couple of weeks and once again thanks to Alchemist for looking after the thread while I'm away :)

SM

On 15.07.2016 at 11:36 PM, Cipher_077 said:

@Alchemist  hey, I have a question for the asteroid mission! Do I have to land with it attached to the shuttle  or is it okay to drop it at the KSC runway with chutes like Hazard-Ish did in this video? Its important for me to know because if I can't drop it then I might have to build a new shuttle, as pulse is already VERY heavy and will probably not handle the weight of an asteroid.

You have to land your shuttle with the asteroid attached. Although there was an entry where it wasn't exactly clear if the asteroid landed on the shuttle or the shuttle landed on the asteroid :)

However here's some technical information:

1. Class A asteroids (despite being extremely unlikely to fit in any payload bay) weight just a few tons (unless you are doing it in 1.1.2 - they all spawned at 150 tons there). On a shuttle of this size it's not even noticeable compared to fuel level variations on landing.
  2. If the rock is still too heavy (or happens to be 150 t) you can always drill it, reducing the mass many times.
  3. At this scale drag may be more of a problem than weight, however I believe Pulse has more than enough wing to account for that. Still, be sure to consider reduced gliding ability in aiming your landing, especially if you have no jets.
  4. If you don't like flying with the payload bay open, you can mount the claw the way it doesn't require that
  5. As paradoxical as it may sound, a shuttle with such wing area may be better at landing with payload than empty. My HRO is perfect at landing with 40 t of payload and some fuel left (with total mass being about 120 t), however it was difficult to learn to land it empty (dry mass is slightly over 70 t) due to way too much lift (and the main trick is airbrakes, because it just doesn't lose the speed in horizontal glide any other way)
  6. Speaking of chutes and airbrakes - have them as high as possible, this way the drag helps you to maintain positive AoA. Having the drag in the center of you stack in the back makes it try to put you exactly prograde which is not healthy right before touchdown
  7. Good luck, you will also need it.
On 15.07.2016 at 11:36 PM, Cipher_077 said:

Also I completed the station mission for the stock commander badge! (hyperlinks look better)

Congratulations on completing the mission that requires the most work in flight! gDmEbjw.jpg

It definitely gives you more options when you have bigger payload bay. And the reassemblable crew module is a really interesting idea.

Now to the really crazy missions going way beyond what real spaceplanes were usually designed to do!

On 16.07.2016 at 1:27 PM, Paranoid Shark said:

Hey,

I have finally finished the design on my "Faring Shuttle" that is now named Typhoon. Here it is delivering the core/hab of my station for STS-5.  

Mods used that affected the design/performance of my shuttle:

<modlist>

I've had a look through the previous challenges, and I think that this is a first for a faring based cargo delivery shuttle!

http://imgur.com/a/6oAJF

I had oodles of delta-v to spare, even with the incredibly inefficient ascent, so I think this design definitely has potential! 

Thanks,

Kit

Yeah this seems to be the first one here. And the first I've seen with this kind of nosecone reattachment.
Ah, I recall the times when Winter Owl used to make quite a bunch of such shuttles with nose-mounted payloads under fairings. But the nose cone usually was under the payload mount.

8 hours ago, Paranoid Shark said:

In other news, I have almost finished my station.

Can't wait to see the full report.

16 hours ago, Speeding Mullet said:

Just checking in quickly before I fly tomorrow, as @Alchemist couldn't very well have you waiting all the time I was on holiday to pass you out for STS Commander - Rank 8.  Absolutely loved this video, I think it's my favorite of the one's that you have made so far.  The crash reel was absolutely hilarious, some of those RUDS were pretty dubious for sure!

The extension to your low orbit outpost was a nice touch, and the mining vehicle (although potentially causing your issues) was well designed.  Great job over all and good to see you completing the last mission (currently) available.

Have a well deserved badge!   NtisK8P.jpg

Thanks! And have a nice holiday!

I am back from the dead. I had built the Taurus shuttle. A shuttle that could re-enter and land without stalling. The only problem was the external tank. Now with earlier shuttles, I had no problem with this but stalled in re-entry. I gave up in the end because my launcher sucked and was a beast to control.

Yesterday I was looking at my screenshots and I saw a picture of an old shuttle with a pretty simple looking external tank. After that there was a picture of it re-entering. So I found it and flew it. Unfortunately it was one of the ones that stalled and didn't make it. So I took my Taurus Shuttle and added an old external tank (I made a sub-assembly) onto it. It flew like a charm. I have pictures of the whole ordeal and I will add the Taurus shuttle to my showcase post along with a download. I cannot submit my entry yet because I'm having problems with Imgur again. But I will when it is back to normal again. It may be because my internet has been trash lately and it is slow loading but I don't really know.

It was quite an exciting ride. With the help of RCS build aid, I was able to fix the first stage so it was pretty easy to fly but it gets a little harder once you decouple the strap-on boosters. I got it into orbit and then de-orbited once I was over the desert west of the KSC. However when I re-entered, it wanted to roll to the right for some reason and this made it tough to control. I then saw that I was overshooting the continent and going to go into the water. Things never go well for me with ocean landings so I flipped around and pulled up. This was quite effective but as I did so, it began to stall. I couldn't turn it to prograde because it kept spinning but then I thought "wait! I can switch on the RCS!" and I re-pointed it prograde. From there it was standard landing maneuver.

I will submit my entry soon! :) 
(Enjoy your holiday Speeding Mullet!)

Edited by Firemetal

Heh Imgur just started working.

Anyway here is my entry. :) 

I will be uploading this to my showcase thread soon. I doubt this would be able to carry Inigma's orange tank but possibly could do the Hubble telescope and the comsats. I also will build a space station with it but it won't qualify because I'm not building the whole thing with the shuttle, just sending up the core. Anyway hope you like my entry.

1 hour ago, Firemetal said:

I am back from the dead. I had built the Taurus shuttle. A shuttle that could re-enter and land without stalling. The only problem was the external tank. Now with earlier shuttles, I had no problem with this but stalled in re-entry. I gave up in the end because my launcher sucked and was a beast to control.

Yesterday I was looking at my screenshots and I saw a picture of an old shuttle with a pretty simple looking external tank. After that there was a picture of it re-entering. So I found it and flew it. Unfortunately it was one of the ones that stalled and didn't make it. So I took my Taurus Shuttle and added an old external tank (I made a sub-assembly) onto it. It flew like a charm. I have pictures of the whole ordeal and I will add the Taurus shuttle to my showcase post along with a download. I cannot submit my entry yet because I'm having problems with Imgur again. But I will when it is back to normal again. It may be because my internet has been trash lately and it is slow loading but I don't really know.

It was quite an exciting ride. With the help of RCS build aid, I was able to fix the first stage so it was pretty easy to fly but it gets a little harder once you decouple the strap-on boosters. I got it into orbit and then de-orbited once I was over the desert west of the KSC. However when I re-entered, it wanted to roll to the right for some reason and this made it tough to control. I then saw that I was overshooting the continent and going to go into the water. Things never go well for me with ocean landings so I flipped around and pulled up. This was quite effective but as I did so, it began to stall. I couldn't turn it to prograde because it kept spinning but then I thought "wait! I can switch on the RCS!" and I re-pointed it prograde. From there it was standard landing maneuver.

I will submit my entry soon! :) 
(Enjoy your holiday Speeding Mullet!)

34 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Heh Imgur just started working.

Anyway here is my entry. :)

http://imgur.com/a/UOi9e

I will be uploading this to my showcase thread soon. I doubt this would be able to carry Inigma's orange tank but possibly could do the Hubble telescope and the comsats. I also will build a space station with it but it won't qualify because I'm not building the whole thing with the shuttle, just sending up the core. Anyway hope you like my entry.

Congratulations on finally getting your shuttle to work! Rvs3vgQ.jpg

Yeah, pulling the braking maneuvers too hard sometimes results in dropping down way too short. And I see your aerodynamic balancing is a really fine one - the shuttle can hold rather high AoA with almost no control input. Which really gives high risk of stalling if you pull it a bit too hard, because pulling pitch controls also moves CoL slightly forward. I'd recommend to have it slightly nose-heavy in neutral elevon position with turning CoM/CoL balance to about neutral or even slightly tail-heavy with fully deployed control surfaces - this way it still can maintain high AoA, but won't tend to stall unless you jam on pitch controls.

I have a modded entry for STS-1a. For some reason I really dislike the classic shuttle design, so I modified a subsonic cargo plane for the job (the perfect choice, right? haha) and used a radial booster stage that runs the entire length of the vehicle. Ascent was shaky since I hadn't flown this before, but it worked out.

- Mod Concessions
My modlist is large (3500 MM patches) so i'll keep this strictly relevant to what I use for the challenge.
Let me know if you need a full list, but since there aren't extra categories for exactly how many mods used I don't figure it's necessary.

Spoiler

- Parts
Mk IV Spaceplane System
Moar Mk1
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
Marble-8 cockpit from Lack's SXT (I've raised the dry mass to 3.25t though, to be more in-line with the stock Mk3 cockpit)
Tweakscale (used on wings; I avoid scaling any 'working' parts, like engines, if I can)

- Mechanics
Connected Living Spaces
Docking Alignment Indicator
Kerbal Engineer Redux
Kerbal Krash System
PreciseNode
RCS Build Aid
Stock Bugfix
TAC Fuel Balancer

Trajectories
I've also modified settings.cfg to reduce wheel weight stress to 0.1 and slip stress to 0.2. They feel like pre-1.1 wheels to me.

10 hours ago, String Witch said:

I have a modded entry for STS-1a. For some reason I really dislike the classic shuttle design, so I modified a subsonic cargo plane for the job (the perfect choice, right? haha) and used a radial booster stage that runs the entire length of the vehicle. Ascent was shaky since I hadn't flown this before, but it worked out.

- Mod Concessions
My modlist is large (3500 MM patches) so i'll keep this strictly relevant to what I use for the challenge.
Let me know if you need a full list, but since there aren't extra categories for exactly how many mods used I don't figure it's necessary.

<modlist snip>

https://youtu.be/XHqnRFQHVZ0

The classic Shuttle was surely designed to carry to space as little wing as possible. But as long as it doesn't burn up on fall apart on reentry (and as long as you can get it up there in the first place), any airframe can qualify as an orbiter, can't it? And here you got quite a large one. Really makes me wonder, what kind of payloads it can deal with...

Anyway, here's your well-deserved badge 8joD5Di.jpg

1 hour ago, Alchemist said:

The classic Shuttle was surely designed to carry to space as little wing as possible. But as long as it doesn't burn up on fall apart on reentry (and as long as you can get it up there in the first place), any airframe can qualify as an orbiter, can't it? And here you got quite a large one. Really makes me wonder, what kind of payloads it can deal with...

Anyway, here's your well-deserved badge 8joD5Di.jpg

Ah, thank you. I thought perhaps I might be disqualified for the craft not having separate OMS engines from the main takeoff drive. I didn't bother with multiple engine types since using aerospikes made there no real point. I can just copy the image URL into my signature, right?

Cargo space is probably overly cavernous for this challenge, at two of the longest bays, though the craft's current ability to push a full load in space is something I'm seriously doubting. I'm hoping the large wings and tail ramp will give me an advantage at Duna, if I get that far. :P But I think for most of the missions I'll design a dedicated orbiter from scratch.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, String Witch said:

Ah, thank you. I thought perhaps I might be disqualified for the craft not having separate OMS engines from the main takeoff drive, which I didn't bother with since using aerospikes made there no real point in carrying multiple engine types.

You aren't the first one to use same engines both for ascent and OMS. Plus, on a orbiter with high internal fuel capacity separating from the rest of hardware halfway through ascent, it's a rather vague border between ascent and orbital propulsion.

With orbiter carrying ascent engines, there are only couple reasons to have dedicated OMS engines: either significant difference in ISP (and even then some maneuvers may benefit from both sets firing at once), or (as the case with most real-world designs, but not with unmodded KSP) different fuels (usually due to properties of liquid hydrogen).

Also, the definition of shuttle for this series of challenges has been revised multiple times. Starting with basically STS replica definition, then further expanded to cover other real (starting with Buran) and proposed configurations, and up to the point where it practically can be read as "crew and cargo carrying spaceplane capable of independent orbital maneuvering, that is not fully single-stage to orbit and back".

A small update, Orbital assembly hit a couple of kraken moments (random explosions, Kerbals on eva being flung very quickly away from the station etc) I believe that I have fixed them. I wanted to show off my new delivery methods for each of my modules for my station. I decided that if I was to do 4 flights, I would try to do each one with a different design of shuttle. 

The original fairing Shuttle: STS-5 (delivered the station core)

KMZDy29.jpg

My longer range Shuttle with nuclear OMS delivered the Engineering section, then came home via The Mun

SJaZVx3.jpg

I then had two large, but relatively light modules (Science Labs & Escape Pods)  to send to orbit, so I did this.... (I hope this is allowed)

dfV34we.jpg  

The last two modules that I had to launch were a fuel pod and a massive solar array, so I put the Fairing Shuttle on steroids, and came up with this.

taPeUUG.jpg

Everything is in orbit, hopefully construction will be finished by Wednesday.

Kit

w9qYB

Im back Speeding Mullet

Unfortunate save file ceruption killed my craft files including HVSSA's new version

So i have made a new Modded Shuttle called Epsilon

i will have to to since it's a new shuttle go though certification for the challenge 

Here are some shuttle Pics at the top of post

Launch Date for STS-1 TBD

P.S if i can get my(Real Solar System@Realism overhaul)Install working i will be making an Real Shuttle replica,Might enter that into the challenge too:Dw9qYB

37 minutes ago, Ourworldalpha1 said:

So i have made a new Modded Shuttle called Epsilon

i will have to to since it's a new shuttle go though certification for the challenge

The achievements are on player-basis, not ship-basis. You don't have to redo already completed challenge levels with each and every new ship - you can get straight to the next challenge with any new vehicle. This also means that a ship made/adjusted for a particular challenge doesn't have to be capable of doing all the previous challenge levels.

Hi everyone I'm back from holiday now - Went to Big Island Hawaii, chilled by the beach mostly but got around a bit and went to the active volcano which was putting on a show, and drove up to the top of Mauna Kea (4205m / 13796ft) and checked out the Gemini and Keck observatories among others. Highly recommended destination and thanks for the happy holiday wishes!

Just sorting some stuff out today and then plan to catch up with the thread over the course of the afternoon.  Also going to post a new mission profile soon which will be exciting so keep your eyes peeled :)

A huge thanks goes to @Alchemist for looking after the thread while I was away and making sure it was well maintained - Another announcement due on this shortly!

Cheers all

SM

4/4R Commander attempt sort of butchered the whole re-entry as far as being anywhere near the runway, and then I had bugs with said runway, hope it is still qualifying even after its rather rough landing

BTS-4/4R

Edited by Fraus
Dun goofed on posting the imgur.