Second stage landing and recovery

I was testing my SLS Block 2 when it had to explode over the pad. but, as the second stage was hurling towards it doom, i decided to give the mission control guys a surprise by safely landing it back at the KSC. It was tight, but with my decent pilot skills and some handy vernor engines, i landed the thing back at the KSC on its engines. Fearing for my prize, i rapidly dispatched the nearest crane ( a.k.a. hitting the recover button) and reaped all the cash money.

pFH1LdY.png?2

A really happy landing:D

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 4:17 AM, Kerbiter said:

I think SpaceX wanted to do this with the Falcon 9 second stage originally. But it never fell through.

2vFWW.png

It hasn't fallen through YET. And it will be viciously difficult, because they basically have to return it from orbit.

On 1.6.2016 at 6:59 PM, DDE said:

It hasn't fallen through YET. And it will be viciously difficult, because they basically have to return it from orbit.

They could just accelerate the Earth and then catch it smoothly on the surface. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.