Mousewheel

Is there any way to disable mousewheel in the editor?  I use a 3d mouse to do all the camera work and whenever I scroll parts (or anywhere in the editor) it will mess up my current camera angle. This is incredibly annoying to say the least.

Have tried the WASD mod, but that does not play well with 3d mouse.

It's worth noting that 3D mouse support in the game is rather spotty in general.  Lots of little bugs here and there.

It's not super surprising that this should be so-- the percentage of players that use one is so tiny that I expect addressing such issues is gonna be pretty far down Squad's priority list.

@pincushionman yep, but mousewheel is not listed as bound to that function and there's no way to unbind it for some reason. 

@Snark I have used 3d mouse since they first implemented support in 0.25(?),  stopped playing when beta broke it.  This was fixed in 1.0 and has been working flawlessly since.   This is not an issue with the 3d mouse itself, but the game, albeit a very minor issue on the grand scale of things.

Reason I'm asking here is simply to make sure I have not missed a setting somewhere and/or some obscure edit in some config file somewhere I'm unaware of.  

On 5/9/2016 at 2:28 PM, Lord Nihilus said:

This is not an issue with the 3d mouse itself, but the game

Yes, that's what I meant:  the game's support for 3D mouse is a bit spotty and bug-laden, simply because it's not an area that they've plowed a whole lot of engineering & testing time into-- the user base is just so small that other areas of the game take higher priority.

I say this as the recent acquirer of a 3D mouse myself.  :)  Have run into some doozies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.