Ace Combat Discussion Thread

James510

1325148357.PNG

f00812fddcaa15b38e4eaed5aa6d13df1232499254_full.jpg

scaled.php?server=339&filename=glam66th5bebf79bo2.jpg&res=landing

180px-Garuda_Insignia.jpg

Aces unite! We\'re here to discuss the Ace Combat games and lore of the Strangereal World.

I myself have played AC 3, 4, 5, 0, and Joint Assault and watched playthroughs of 6 and AH.

More Wallpaper esq pictures.

Ace-Combat-3-3wallpapers.jpg

Ace-Combat-4-Shattered-Skies-Wallpaper.jpg

gallery_4788_28_76935.jpg

ace0wallpaper18l_2.jpg

ace6wallpaper07l_2.jpg

Woo! I have played Ace Combat 4, 5 and 0 several times through, all excellent games. Recently sold my PS2 and the games along with it, though :(

I do have five songs from AC4 on my iTunes, with this cover art:

OlSTZ.jpg

and those are:

- Blockade

- Comona

- Megaflloat

- Prelude

- Rex Tremendae and Agnus Dei (the most epic music of any video game ever... - Megalith\'s opening)

Yeah Megalith was certainly one of the -if not the most- badass final battle ever. I nearly pooped myself when you start the mission and around you was your entire flight, making it the only mission you have wingmates. Then the ending was amazing too.

I actually built a minecraft version way back ago.

Minecraft Ace Combat - Megalith

(My other Minecraft Ace Combat stuff)

Minecraft Ace Combat - Arkbird

Minecraft Ace Combat - Glepnir

Minecraft Ace Combat - Excalibur

Minecraft Ace Combat - Chandelier

I\'ve only played Air Combat, AC3: Electrosphere, and AC4: Shattered Skies, back in the day when I actually had a console.

Now only having my PC, I\'m immensely fortunate to have caught notice of Vector Thrust, which is essentially Ace Combat for PC. Given the intent to provide easy moddability, I can see people making Ace Combat campaigns for it.

I looked up Vector Thrust and it looks GLORIOUS. Especially the part about moddability. The things you could do..

Another mod I\'m looking forward to.

830px-R101wallpaper.jpg

Ace Combat in my Supreme Commander? Hell Yeah!

Off Topic

Touhou Fan? Me too =P

Guest doughbred

I\'m not much of a player, But I am sure as hell a reader, and a youtuber (for a short while). I only played Ace combat 6, X, and AH. When I ad ace combat 5, I rage quited because I was kinda new to games, and a bit disoriented (just make me live in your house and you will figure out). I never finished much of the games. SO I used Youtube to watch playthroughs. Mainly because I lack a PS2, it broke :(

Ace Combat Joint Assault was funny. You can use a Japanese Zero to shoot down ADF-01s and everything in the past.

I mean that gauntlet was funny. You have Everyone including Mobius and Galm flying down in a parachute noticing they were flying fictional fighter aircraft, and lost to a Japanese zero. Now that would need some explaining should it be for a plot.

Now about the first gauntlet:

-I say it\'s non-canon

-A viable story would be that Mobius 1 is having a dream, and that he is fighting himself in the now as his past self. Or that your playing as the nightmare itself, and Mobius 1 is being haunted by... himself. Anyhow, I like these levels, weather it\'s in the plot or not. It provides an epic challenge. It\'s like that level in Okami where you have to fight all the bosses again in a Yamato class battleship magical ship. But that\'s off subject.

What does anyone think of NEMO?

Didn\'t even know about AC before people started modding Vector Thrust. ;P

How is VT? I\'m thinkin about buying it, but you can\'t find much about it on YT, mostly skin showcases.

So far those AC skins are the only mods around, since VT just barely went into public Alpha.

It\'s pretty damn cool, though I feel it may be more fast-paced than AC, or the controls are just twitchy and I need to get used to them. :P I can\'t hit anything with the cannons and I could rock some socks with them in AC titles.

YES!

VECTORTHRUSTYES.png

As for the Gauntlet, In my head canon, I think that it was a real fight. I think that Galm and Mobius are two different pilots. Since you can\'t hear the main protagonist\'s voices, I imagine the conversation to be something like 'Let\'s prove who\'s really the best ace.', and near the end Mobius is like 'My time is over, and now it\'s your turn to save the world.'

Being Ace Combat Protagonists with their No Eject policy, Mobius 1 would\'ve died in B7R. That in itself would be an honorable death for any Ace Pilot. At least that\'s how I like to think it is.

As for Nemo, most skilled 'Pilot' in the entire series. Probably because he\'s an AI.

Why is he the most skilled?

Play the Pathfinder Mission.

On Hard.

SU-47s EVERYWHERE.

SU-37s EVERYWHERE.

MISSILES EVERYWHERE.

OH GOD.

Also the ONLY Ace Combat Ace to fly and battle in SPACE.

R-352.png

Speaking of which, R-103 is my favorite plane.

gallery_7341_36_14378.jpg

Right next to the SU-37R Super Flanker

ac3su37copy8yy.png

About AC 3 -

I think they should\'ve translated the story and pulled it over. It certainly is much more interesting.

Guest doughbred

NO NOT MOBIUS!!! NOOOO!!!

any how

this is my favorite aircraft for completely noobie reasons:

And here is my aircraft of choice:

p26-8a.jpg

ace combat physics state that if the player is good enough, he should be able to fight of a entire squadron.

Imagine that Mobius One comes back from the dead standing on top of a of the Gleipnir, and shouts 'It\'s not over yet GALM.'

'Okay, people are beating these SP missions with a hellcat, well, how about using a Peashooter against the Gleipnir!'

/so the airplanes and engine is pretty true to the AC series huh? That\'s it, I\'m buying it. That\'s pretty much the only thing I was hesitant about, since you can\'t feel how a game is played through videos... HAWX looked awesome but the engine is absurdly simplified and lame, not to mention the rest of the game...

Yeah, the physics aren\'t absurd like HAWX (lol Kulbit maneuvers in an F-4 Phantom) and the control scheme can be mapped to match Ace Combat\'s to the letter button.

Plus, Ace Combat\'s flight model is pretty simple as it is when you compare it to say, Lock-On: Modern Air Combat. :P

I do, but I think even though this is a PC game, a gamepad will get me around better.

There\'s also the matter of the throttle reacting based on button input rather than relative/absolute throttle from a HOTAS system.

It would also help if this gamepad didn\'t have a square analog base.

So yeah, that comment I made about not being surprised if people made Ace Combat campaigns later on as the game develops?

They already have the people planning on doing just that.

Heh, it\'s not surprising because of the similarities between the two games. I\'m looking forward to more features and stuff. Mostly multiplayer or a full visual interface mission editor. (200 planes against 200? Yep.)

You mean Doppelganger? That\'s a 1 vs. 15 skirmish that gives the opponent the same fighter you selected for the mission.

That one lets you (As well as the enemy) respawn. I think I was shot down twice flying the Su-47, could have been one, but I\'m not sure.

The goal is to get over 10,000 points.

One thing I really like about it is that your allies don\'t have Useless AI Syndrome. They will actually pick out targets and hunt them down. I liked that in the Final Battle mission where you had a huge fighter screen. If you fly in formation with them you\'ll see them lock on to their own targets and one by one fire their missiles. The mission finishes quite quickly without it requiring you to down the targets, as your friends do that for you.

I\'ve played 04, 5, Zero, and Assault Horizon. Multiple times. I love the series, really wish they\'d remake AC3. I\'d like to know, will Vector Thrust run on a laptop? I know it said it is supposed to run on even low end machines, but I wonder if anyone has tried it. I am capable of running IL-2 1946 and RealFlight G5.5 quite well. KSP is slower, but Mr_Orions settings help a lot. If needed, I can put up my specs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.