Ace Combat Discussion Thread

James510

F-15 ACTIVE was a beast in AC4. Nothing better than those fuel bombs.

Fuel air bombs were amazing in all of the ACs. I remember taking down the XB-0 in two shots by dive bombing it using my SU-33.

Vector Thrust\'s artwork reminds me of Robotech. Looks really similar to AC, I\'ll have to check it out at some point. You guys mentioned it was in alpha; how is the stability of the game?

As for AC3, I\'ve never seen it before (started with AC4). Was it a Japan-only release?

No idea how. I can still OPEN it from my account and play but I don\'t know if its transferred or just running it.

On the Desura screen, click on your account name, and there\'ll be a list of tabs like the one seen in ModDB,

Summary Blog Friends Groups Games Mods Videos Images

Clicking on Games will show the games you own.

Vector Thrust\'s artwork reminds me of Robotech. Looks really similar to AC, I\'ll have to check it out at some point. You guys mentioned it was in alpha; how is the stability of the game?

As for AC3, I\'ve never seen it before (started with AC4). Was it a Japan-only release?

I haven\'t had any crashes in my time playing, except for the one time I went into Debug Mode and crashed an enemy Draken I took control of. 8)

Electrosphere had other releases, but the Japanese release had a lot more content (Deeper storyline) that was cut from those versions.

th_screenshot_3.png

I had a much better screenshot of this (Or so I thought) with three of the AIM-120s in-flight, but the game folder seems to hold no more than three screenshots at any given time.

th_screenshot_4.png

I did say I wanted to see the ACTIVE in JASDF colors; I wasn\'t expecting it to be me that made it happen. :P

th_screenshot_6.png

As far as the base goes, it\'s pretty much done. Though for completeness\' sake it could use the Japanese roundel and some sort of tail code or squadron marking.

Making the damage map for this would be a nightmare. I don\'t even want to try that.

Yeah Megalith was certainly one of the -if not the most- badass final battle ever. I nearly pooped myself when you start the mission and around you was your entire flight, making it the only mission you have wingmates. Then the ending was amazing too.

I actually built a minecraft version way back ago.

Minecraft Ace Combat - Megalith

(My other Minecraft Ace Combat stuff)

Minecraft Ace Combat - Arkbird

Minecraft Ace Combat - Glepnir

Minecraft Ace Combat - Excalibur

Minecraft Ace Combat - Chandelier

I just want to say those were epic. I especially liked the Arkbird.

As for myself, I have only played AC4 and AC5, I still have AC4 (was one of the first games I ever got) and have recently gotten a PS2 to play it again (my family is cheap, old is cheap). xD

• 1 year later...

Zero was my favorite...

The plot is pretty good and the final mission...

Man, flying low the dam was easy, hard was shooting down morgan (heads on only and it takes plenty of shots).

The final tango (or whatever) song is still in my head...

I finished it so many times, I even unlocked the laser gun plane.

Ace combat was ruined at assault horizon IMO.

Edited by cesarcurado

• 1 year later...

Ace Combat 6 is my personal favourite, it had a good balance between music/gameplay/storyline/graphics.

Ace Combat 5 had the best musics, even if I like the Megalith one from AC4. The one that plays when you have to shoot down pixy in Zero is my favourite.

By the way, has anyone tried to make the ADFX02 in KSP? each time I try to make it it flies for about 5 seconds before crashing.

Yeah! The Ace Combat series are one of my favorite games.

It may be a bit arcadey, but compared to Hawx, it's a downright sim!

For instance, there's no drop of the plane when flying on the side.

But my worst gripe with Hawx is when you want to fly the planes to the max you have to enter this RC-plane-like mode.

That's fun in it's own way, but not when I just want to sit in the cockpit and feel like a pilot.

Currently plating Ace Combat 6 and it's kicking my gluteus maximus!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.