Spacecraft instantly explodes on contact with mun

I have done countless munar landings, and I recently tried a munar mission and the instant my struts touch the ground my entire craft explodes. I hit the ground somewhere between 0.3 and 2.7 m/s each time. Recently I tried taking off a couple mods, and don't know if that might be causing the issue. I would very much appreciate some help, because it's no fun to play this game when you cannot land any rockets! Thanks

Edited by Dabomb1212

u2HfJSv.png?1 I'm using an LT-1 landing strut attached near the bottom of an FL-T200 fuel tank (the fuel tank has an LV-909 on it). The FL-T200 is attached to an FL-T400 (which has some solar panels and batteries attached). Atop the FL-T400 is a MK 1 Command pod with a parachute on top.

Edited by Dabomb1212

Ah yes,...the exploding LT-1 Lander Legs.  Squad knows about the bug; it's been documented in the BugTracker.  Bug has been around for many, many months.  I have situations where a Kerbal bumps a leg of a landed craft and it explodes. Frustrating.

3 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

Ah yes,...the exploding LT-1 Lander Legs.  Squad knows about the bug; it's been documented in the BugTracker.  Bug has been around for many, many months.  I have situations where a Kerbal bumps a leg of a landed craft and it explodes. Frustrating.

Thanks! But I also tried the LT-2 and my craft exploded again. Are they explosive as well, or is my game just messed up?

4 hours ago, Dabomb1212 said:

Are they explosive as well, or is my game just messed up?

IME all legs are somewhat explosive at the moment - but they shouldn't be that explodey, I have landed similar things just fine.
Might be time to go through the standard debugging procedure and see if you can narrow it down to a specific mod. Worth posting mod list & logs anyway, someone may spot something.

On May 23, 2016 at 3:06 AM, steve_v said:

IME all legs are somewhat explosive at the moment - but they shouldn't be that explodey, I have landed similar things just fine.
Might be time to go through the standard debugging procedure and see if you can narrow it down to a specific mod. Worth posting mod list & logs anyway, someone may spot something.

Well technically I have NO mods installed as I recently uninstalled all of the mods I had due to how much they slowed up my game. I HAD Kerbal Alarm Clock, Mechjeb, and Kerbal Engineer. There is a very real chance that I just uninstalled wrong. Next I'm going to try landing on the Mun with a tripod of engines, and I'm going to try landing a small ship on Kerbin with landing legs. If either of those explode, then I will probably just backup my important save files and let Steam uninstall and reinstall KSP to my computer. I'll post again if my spaceships still explode after that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.