I don't think I've ever seen a craft's maiden voyage go quite so smoothly as this one did.  Whether it was my steady hand on the controls (not) or just a fantastic design, who can say?  

The latest in the SexyLifters series is here!  This modular and expandable asparagus-staged beast in its baseline configuration (2 asp stages, 2 stacked stages) provides 45,000 kN of thrust at launch and can lift 400,000kg into an 80km orbit with some delta-V to spare.  Of course, with that much thrust, she could easily lift 1,200,000kg, but you would need to add asparagus stages to provide the delta-V to get that to orbit, and we all know about that tyrant Tsiolkovsky (more fuel means more mass which means more fuel and more engines maybe, which also means more fuel).  Anyhow, 400,000kg, as it turns out, is quite a bit of mass, so here's some shots of the reference payload (375,000kg) being launched - and it was beautiful!

Download the craft from KerbalX!

As always, YMMV and all warranties are void if the craft leaves the VAB.

Danny.  Thanks for downloading and upvoting my crafts!

Ok, I know you're out there; some skeptic looking at my post and saying 1.2M kg?!?  No way!

So rather than let my claim just sit out there, I decided that three hours was plenty of time for me to have already proven it and that's exactly what I did... Ok it's really like 1,170,000 kg on orbit, but close enough, right?

Download this craft on KerbalX!

Danny.  Have fun y'all!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.