How To REALLY Get Angry At Space Science Deniers

NeoMorph

You know, this isn't really related to space conspiracies, but it is part of a conspiracy, so here goes:

Watch it if you want some amusement. Triangles everywhere.

EVERYWHERE.

19 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

Triangles everywhere.

Isn't it funny how they picked the simplest shape, from which any polygon can be constructed? All you need is three points, and there are (apparent) points all over the place in this universe. :P

Edited by cubinator

On 6/12/2016 at 8:03 PM, Astrofox said:

Let's decide not to show those people a trigonometry textbook...

Imagine these people on high school, learning Geometry. Their teacher draws something like this:

IsoscelesRightTriangle_1000.gif

Boom, half of class starts explaining the teacher how he's illuminati.

By the way, isn't the Illuminati supposed to be a secret society? Which means they would try to stay unknown for as long as possible?

Why would a secret society leave signs of its existence EVERYWHERE?

Edited by Guest
cringe

9 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

Because if they remained a complete secret, they couldn't deny they exist.  If no one was denying they exist, it's obviously because the Illuminati have managed to cover up their tracks.  So by revealing signs that they exist, they can deny they exist, which shows they don't exist.

Fnord.

Edited by razark

Just now, razark said:

Because if they remained a complete secret, they couldn't deny they exist.  If no one was denying they exist, it's obviously because the Illuminati have managed to cover up their tracks.  So be revealing signs that they exist, they can deny they exist, which shows they don't exist.

Fnord.

mind-blown.jpg

Nice explanation. I didn't really understand it, but here, have a rep.

On 6/3/2016 at 11:41 PM, Hans Dorn said:

I can't really be mad at the flat earth people, because of Terry Pratchett.

lUG6eqD.jpg

They'd be a lot cooler if they adopted Discworld as their core theology. :cool:

Edited by vger

14 hours ago, razark said:

Because if they remained a complete secret, they couldn't deny they exist.  If no one was denying they exist, it's obviously because the Illuminati have managed to cover up their tracks.  So by revealing signs that they exist, they can deny they exist, which shows they don't exist.

Fnord.

And if you can't observe their existence, then they exist in all states simultaneously until you observe them, in which case they randomly pick a state, so they either continue to exist or cease to exist, and they don't want to randomly cease to exist just from someone observing them so they must leave traces of their existence so that they are always under observation and remain in a constant, certain state of existence.

grab there leaders one by one and send them to the sun so they can be enlighten and be real illumitati to rules others and enjoy the warm of my little pony magic fiend ship

(eventually leave them a notice to pilot there fiend ship upthere before reaching the sun and reentry earth atmo without instrument)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

On June 12, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Aperture Science said:

Imagine these people on high school, learning Geometry. Their teacher draws something like this:

<snip>

Boom, half of class starts explaining the teacher how he's illuminati.

By the way, isn't the Illuminati supposed to be a secret society? Which means they would try to stay unknown for as long as possible?

Well, isn't that funny.  I actually jokingly said that to my geometry teacher...

in the same spirit a mix of "math + suspension of disbelief" ... story telling the return and neuroscience the return ... i grab a kubrick orange

grab some vinegar chips and my telescope and watch round moon crater also ... 

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

On 2016-06-12 at 6:30 PM, cubinator said:

Isn't it funny how they picked the simplest shape, from which any polygon can be constructed? All you need is three points, and there are (apparent) points all over the place in this universe. :P

He knows too much...!

On 05/06/2016 at 3:48 AM, Plusck said:

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of conspiracy-whistleblowing youtubers don't actually believe any of the nonsense they spout. 

But there does seem to be a believing audience. At some point, those believing the message may become the ones passing it on. 

2 hours ago, Tw1 said:

But there does seem to be a believing audience. At some point, those believing the message may become the ones passing it on. 

There are certainly believers, and I agree that they are necessary to pass the message along.

I think it's similar to the nutter legal conspiracy people (constantly criticised on lowering the bar, for example): I'm sure that a large number of people behind the theories don't believe a word of it but they do try to profit from it somehow, and that requires other people to believe and spread the word so that their click-bait material gets clicks...

Another question that I have for Flat Earthers is:

How come Earth doesn't just become a sphere under all that gravitational stress?

Seriously, as disk is a rather unstable object gravitationally, and would end up collapsing on itself.

Plus, how come the atmosphere doesn't leak into space?

I'd suggest a bowl Earth theory, but I don't see North Korea, or any encompassing land wall in sight.

Edited by Astrofox

1 hour ago, Astrofox said:

Another question that I have for Flat Earthers is:

How come Earth doesn't just become a sphere under all that gravitational stress?

Because gravity is a lie.
The disk Earth is accelerating upwards at 32 feet/sec^2, which causes the appearance that gravity exists and pulls things down.

(Yes, I have seen this "theory" in the wild.)

47 minutes ago, razark said:

The disk Earth is accelerating upwards at 32 feet/sec^2, which causes the appearance that gravity exists and pulls things down.

That would be a LOT of change of momentum.

1 hour ago, razark said:

No, it's accelerating at 600 miles per hour. (a joke my friend made to annoy me)

1 hour ago, Bill Phil said:

That would be a LOT of change of momentum.

The other one I've seen is that all objects in the universe are expanding.  That's why two masses appear to get pulled towards each other.

1 hour ago, razark said:

The other one I've seen is that all objects in the universe are expanding.  That's why two masses appear to get pulled towards each other.

But...but relativity...and c...and orbits...at least that one seems to accept that there are masses getting pulled towards each other...:P

17 hours ago, razark said:

32 feet/sec^2

15 hours ago, cubinator said:

600 miles per hour

Your use of imperial units unsettles me.

pls fix

Edited by Guest

Here's the real question, how does the earth not fall apart if it is accelerating upward at 9.81m/s^2 (for the 'illusion')?

Seriously, wouldn't everything explode if there wasn't even some gravity between them?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.