- Airplane
- Control: Keyboard

I've get back to KSP after a bunch of time, about a year, the game still amazing and very funny, while you still on rocket, but airplane become a torture.

In older version they was much more playable, and for Playable I mean, that in landing-phase they wouldn't explode as they touch the ground (with the wheels :wink:).
Also, during the flight  when the fuel decrease the plane become pretty unstable, in some unpredictable way, for example as soon as you push Q and E it start rolling as hell !!!

I've also decreased the sensibility on ailerons at half of the value and used the caps-lock but the crazy rolling rest, so try to align the airplane to the runway and land is a real mess!

Squad should think about it, 'cause there are a bunch of many causal-gamers out there and crashing the plane so easily it's  very frustrating.

Edited by MaximilianPs

Regarding the landing gear: try putting larger gear on the plane. You may have too much weight on too-small gear. The gear are no longer indestructible, the way they were pre-1.1, and size matters.

As for your flight instability issue, a screenshot of your plane would help.

Even more strange, if in Career mode I have noticed all issue, in SandBox with Aeris I've been able to land at 80m/s and bouncing a couple of time without damaging the airplane. :0.0:

2 hours ago, Snark said:

Regarding the landing gear: try putting larger gear on the plane. You may have too much weight on too-small gear. The gear are no longer indestructible, the way they were pre-1.1, and size matters.

As for your flight instability issue, a screenshot of your plane would help.

Regarding Landing Gear I've just LY-01 and LY05... but maybe, as you say, the the weight is too much... in this case log at then of the mission should inform the user in some way, I guess.

Here is the shot.

qsg9jVD.jpg

Edited by MaximilianPs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.