How to make parts grabble?

How would I go about making a part grabble and attachable like some of the parts in KAS such as antennas etc.

I want to take the science storage contitor made by Tal and allow it to be detached from the spacecraft and carried with the Kerbal and then reattached when finished with the EVA.

Thanks!

I've manage to make it work using:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKISItem
        volumeOverride = 100
        stackable = true
        allowPartAttach = AllowedWithKisTool
        allowStaticAttach = AllowedAlways
        staticAttachBreakForce = 200
    }

Though it was a camera attached to my surveyor replica in order to be detached by my Apollo 12 crew

22 hours ago, sumghai said:

You would need to use ModuleManager and write your own patch to add the KIS/KAS grab/attach behaviour to the desired parts.

Well thats above my pay grade lol, oh well.

I can't believe there isnt a single plugin for science storage. I've searched everywhere. Used to use SirDargons but they are no longer working or being worked on.

Well, SirDragons was being maintained by @DMagic and he might be willing to do a recompile for 1.1.2, but he's really busy. You could try asking in the SirDragons thread.

Otherwise, I have a working version of Val's science backpack, but can't do anything with it due to licensing. Basically, look at a command pod, find the science container module, and add that to the backpack. You can then store science in the backpack. Look at the KIS wiki for how to attach parts to things, or better yet, find a working item that works as you want it to, and borrow the code from the config. An example would be the EVA-X backpack from Universal Storage, which Val's backpack was based off of.

That should be enough to get you sorted.

On 6/10/2016 at 5:29 PM, IllicitMedic said:

Well thats above my pay grade lol, oh well.

I can't believe there isnt a single plugin for science storage. I've searched everywhere. Used to use SirDargons but they are no longer working or being worked on.

You don't need a plugin you can make any part a science storage part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.