Cool physics simulator

Was roaming the interwebs, found this really nice physics simulator:

Anyone ever use this?

If you haven't, I recommend downloading it, it's like the Powder Toy of physics.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

P.P.S.
And "Incredible Machine" series.

I loved The Incredible Machine and The Even More Incredible Machine growing up.  Sadly, though, the series hasn't aged well -- at least for me.

Who knew that dropping a tennis ball on a hamster cage would produce a perpetual motion machine?

On 6/22/2016 at 10:58 AM, dewin said:

I loved The Incredible Machine and The Even More Incredible Machine growing up.  Sadly, though, the series hasn't aged well -- at least for me.

There's a reboot of that game made by the former devs on steam called "Contraption Maker" the Gameplay is almost Identical, the graphics are a bit more cartoonish, plus there are some new parts, I also know some of the parts were renamed. I know that the original game series is still out there only it is now considered Abandonware along with several other Sierra titles under the 3D ultra sub brand. 

As for Algodoo, I have it loaded on my computer, The thing about Algodoo is that it was formerly called phun but was renamed to Algodoo, like most physics sandbox games Algodoo suffers from what I call "No effort" Syndrome, in which certain players within the community post saves that lack any effort whatsoever. In algodoo it's all about those stupid "Marble Race" saves I swear there's too many of those that It's hard to look for something decent on the Algobox. It used to be that people would make rockets, bombs, vehicles, engines and other interesting stuff with Algodoo, nowadays it seems like space is being wasted on mediocre saves. (Sorry in advance for rambling, but that's kind of how things are in the algobox in a nutshell.)  

6 hours ago, Jeb1969 said:

There's a reboot of that game made by the former devs on steam called "Contraption Maker" the Gameplay is almost Identical, the graphics are a bit more cartoonish, plus there are some new parts, I also know some of the parts were renamed. 

I discovered that I apparently owned Contraption Maker courtesy of a Humble Bundle or Humble Monthly about 12 hours after my original post, and it does seem to scratch the same itch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.