Rock Collecting

Some data  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen the new magic boulder(s) yet?

2. 2. What color was the magic boulder(s)?

• Pink
    • Orange
    • Cyan
    • Other- please post below so I can add it here
    • ...What are you talking about? I haven't seen it at all!
    • Purple
    • Green
    • Sea-Green
    • "Jool-green"- very vibrant green
    • Beige-ish

11 hours ago, Mr. Quark said:

Here's a little pic of what happens. It might not be kraken. I don't know why people call them krakens but... 

I can't move or do anything

As you can see I have SVE. Or EVE Idk

This is not what the community usually refers to as a "kraken". Krakens are physics related issues with vessels usually. What you have here is usually caused by an error during the initialization of the space center scene, usually resulting from a mod. There is a simple way to fix it though, in game.

One of your Input Locks is stuck. Hit Alt-F12, and you will see a button that says something along the lines of "Show Input Lock Stack". Click that, and there should be a button that says something like "Clear" or "Clear Stack" or something. Click that, and you will have control back again.

Hey everyone that's already found one... I have a question.  What class asteroid is your magic boulder? 

I'm very curious to find out if Magic Boulders are restricted to just smaller asteroids, or can also be a large D or E asteroid.
BTW, before anyone asks, yes, I'll be hyperediting around to try and find one for myself... :wink:

1 hour ago, Djolox said:

Err, magic boulders don't have mystical powers anymore? They are normal asteroids?

Sadly, yes... ;.;

58 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Hey everyone that's already found one... I have a question.  What class asteroid is your magic boulder? 

I'm very curious to find out if Magic Boulders are restricted to just smaller asteroids, or can also be a large D or E asteroid.
BTW, before anyone asks, yes, I'll be hyperediting around to try and find one for myself... :wink:

They seem to be smaller asteroids. I don't think there are very large ones.

41 minutes ago, MoeslyArmlis said:

DfZRURg.png

Found this cyan Class D sparkly asteroid hanging around Dres.

Actually, I listed these as "Blue"... I guess "Cyan" is more correct.

I'll add this to the list.

12 hours ago, Mr. Quark said:

Non literally of course, I started a game, loaded, and at the ksc I am at an angle and I can't move or click anything, when I try to exit to menu around 1/10 times I can, but sometimes it doesn't.

Hey, that's a known bug. Apparently it's been known for a very long time. For me it happens if you Alt-Tab out of the game whilst loading a save game. You can Alt-Tab at any other time than that.

Please complain in this thread to help it get the attention it deserves! 

1 minute ago, THX1138 said:

Do they do anything?

Unfortunately, no, unlike the original one, it blew up your ship when you touched them....

Squad could have easily made them have a really high temperature, come on! IT'S NOT MAGIC ENOUGH WITHOUT EXPLOSIONS! :mad:

They do glow, however.

16 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Unfortunately, no, unlike the original one, it blew up your ship when you touched them....

Squad could have easily made them have a really high temperature, come on! IT'S NOT MAGIC ENOUGH WITHOUT EXPLOSIONS! :mad:

They do glow, however.

They're very pretty but it would be cool if I could get something out of them, like science points or something else decorative. Maybe I should start a pile at the KSC for later use when the desired functionality is added :P

2 hours ago, THX1138 said:

They're very pretty but it would be cool if I could get something out of them, like science points or something else decorative. Maybe I should start a pile at the KSC for later use when the desired functionality is added :P

How do you know they will be desire-able? They could be radioactive and kill any kerbal within a 10 kilometer radios! But you can wait for Halloween or Christmas and use them for decorations, OR the 4th of July you can send em' up into space!

Maybe Rendezvous all of them and make a massive asteroid belt (like in the movies) just to see them glow silently high above the surface of Kerbin...

Gracefully arcing across the sky in a rainbow of color...

49 minutes ago, Astrofox said:

glow silently high above the surface of Kerbin...

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That would be awesome, if you could see them from the surface of Kerbin. You'd have to pile up literally thousands of them into orbit to see just a little color, not to mention the fact that Kerbin's atmosphere would block your view of them further.

But I do love that idea. And the stuff above doesn't sound crazy, to me. The reason is because I'm thinking of making a full GALAXY, with 300 stars in it, and 900 planets. I don't know if it's possible, though. :P

@electricpants, yeah, I think that may crash the game...

I think my 1.1.2 Kopernicus modding stuff was at its limit (although, I'm not sure as to how much I have in all that)...

It was probably around 30-40: maybe.

Oh well, I wish SQUAD could make objects visible in the KSC menu, instead of just being Icons so that we could place Magic Boulders all over the Space center and see them when at the KSC!

Think about that kind of fun. Just a massive pile of Magic Boulders - possibly even a whole set of Parkour challenges!

2 hours ago, electricpants said:

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That would be awesome, if you could see them from the surface of Kerbin. You'd have to pile up literally thousands of them into orbit to see just a little color, not to mention the fact that Kerbin's atmosphere would block your view of them further.

But I do love that idea. And the stuff above doesn't sound crazy, to me. The reason is because I'm thinking of making a full GALAXY, with 300 stars in it, and 900 planets. I don't know if it's possible, though. :P

...a whole galaxy?! WHAT?

Ummm....

Good luck, I guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.