Want to dump/jettison oxidiser

1 hour ago, THX1138 said:

I would like to be able to dump/jettison unwanted oxidiser like I can with ore in ore tanks (with a confirmation dialogue to help prevent accidents).

There is a mod for it.
Else, go into GameData folder, find the Ore tanks cfg file. See the jettison module? Copy that, and paste it into every fueltank cfg file. Done, the same functionality on different parts(it will jettison both LF + OX at the same time though)

26 minutes ago, solarbearman said:

Why not lf, xe, mono too?

Hell no, not Xe! That stuff's really expensive!

19 minutes ago, Blaarkies said:

There is a mod for it.
Else, go into GameData folder, find the Ore tanks cfg file. See the jettison module? Copy that, and paste it into every fueltank cfg file. Done, the same functionality on different parts(it will jettison both LF + OX at the same time though)

Thanks, I'll look for the mod. It should be in stock as well though I think.

1 minute ago, THX1138 said:

Hell no, not Xe! That stuff's really expensive!

Xenon is also the highest ISP fuel, hard to see any reason to dump it. 
You can burn monoprop and produce trust by pressing H, this is pretty nice then you are on an tight dV budget and don't need it more like then you have docked the lander and want to return home. 

Oxidizer however is the most needed, both space planes and hybrids using normal rockets and LV-N can easy end up with to much oxidizer,  
Also tankers who transport fuel to other ships. 
Currently have a lot of oxidizer on a mining base on Gilly the tug is LV-N only 

2 hours ago, magnemoe said:

You can burn monoprop and produce trust by pressing H, this is pretty nice then you are on an tight dV budget and don't need it more like then you have docked the lander and want to return home. 

right-click the RCS thruster. In the toggle menu is a setting "Fore by throttle" or something like that. Switch it on, and do that for every RCS thruster(they aren't grouped after VAB/SPH)...now shutdown the main engine and "maneuver" your way to another planet :D

I liked how it worked some versions ago. The engines would simply use the fuel/ox that was left without giving any thrust. I don't know how realistic or dangerous it would be irl, but I liked it. I think they should bring it back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.