[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

2 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Hah, me too...game has tons of content now, but the load times are killin me :( Even on my SSD, game takes 15+ minutes to load, and 20+ seconds to enter/exit the VAB, SPH, etc, and don't even get me started on the stutters...

Also, if that is an EVe issue...why does a normal EVE install run fine with dx11? I ran across a reddit post of someone's amazing graphic setup from earlier this year, who had yer mod as well, and he was running dx11...did something change?

Nothing to on my side.  I haven't changed anything but textures. Around when did you see this setup? 

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Nothing to on my side.  I haven't changed anything but textures. Around when did you see this setup? 

Hm, I see...not saying its your fault or anyhting, its jsut all terribly confusing to me :)

His post was about..5 months ago or so, here it is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/47cea4/ive_been_playing_ksp_for_three_years_i_never/

First comment has his modlist.

2 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Hm, I see...not saying its your fault or anyhting, its jsut all terribly confusing to me :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/47cea4/ive_been_playing_ksp_for_three_years_i_never/

5 months ago SVE was running an old version of EVE, new bugs have popped up since then :P

4 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

1.1 changed everything.  5 months ago we still had 1.0.5 and dx11 was still good with EVE.  Not anymore though

1 minute ago, Nhawks17 said:

5 months ago SVE was running an old version of EVE, new bugs have popped up since then :P

Makes sense! :) On another note, my game finally finished launching, and my immersion was promptly broke by the planet in the background...

4csWw3Z.jpg

Iunno about you...but last I checked, planets didn't have clouds only on one half :)

4 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Makes sense! :) On another note, my game finally finished launching, and my immersion was promptly broke by the planet in the background...

4csWw3Z.jpg

Iunno about you...but last I checked, planets didn't have clouds only on one half :)

Thats a known kopernicus issue.  No fix.  It's not like that in game

Edited by Galileo

So, since I can't do full albums from IMGUR here anymore for some reason, I'll just post the LINK here for you. I'm no screen archer, but I think one or two of those might meet your needs. I hope. Possibly. Maybe. Ok, maybe not.

Either way, the clouds are a significant improvement over the last version, and I finally got a good look at the new auroras, and they are simply amazing. Only thing missing is them glowing, but until someone else fixes EVE for that, guess it's as good as I could ask for.

On a slightly separate issue, since you brought up Distant Object a few posts back... is there any way to keep it from dimming the sky so much? I've played with the dimmer slider, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

3 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

So, since I can't do full albums from IMGUR here anymore for some reason, I'll just post the LINK here for you. I'm no screen archer, but I think one or two of those might meet your needs. I hope. Possibly. Maybe. Ok, maybe not.

Either way, the clouds are a significant improvement over the last version, and I finally got a good look at the new auroras, and they are simply amazing. Only thing missing is them glowing, but until someone else fixes EVE for that, guess it's as good as I could ask for.

On a slightly separate issue, since you brought up Distant Object a few posts back... is there any way to keep it from dimming the sky so much? I've played with the dimmer slider, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

You have to make sure you hit apply for it to take effect. Try that!  I'm gonna go check out the pictures! 

Just now, HereComesTheBoom said:

Hey Galileo, just checking in to see how the volumetric aurora project is going!

I honestly haven't worked on it much.  I have some things I want to try in regards to that,  so I'll have to look at it again eventually

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

You have to make sure you hit apply for it to take effect. Try that!

:o

You have to hit the apply button for stuffs to be applied!? This new learning amazes me! Tell me again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes?

Seriously, though, that dimmer slider seems to do about nothing... or I'm misunderstanding how it's supposed to work. *shrug* No biggie... and not this mod, so no need to continue that discussion. Glad you like the shots... I tried to get up into High Orbit for a few, but AP ended up being on the night side every time, so the shots weren't any good.

10 hours ago, Shadriss said:

:o

You have to hit the apply button for stuffs to be applied!? This new learning amazes me! Tell me again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes?

Seriously, though, that dimmer slider seems to do about nothing... or I'm misunderstanding how it's supposed to work. *shrug* No biggie... and not this mod, so no need to continue that discussion. Glad you like the shots... I tried to get up into High Orbit for a few, but AP ended up being on the night side every time, so the shots weren't any good.

Didn't mean for it to come off like that :)  I made the mistake of not hitting the apply button in the past and got very frustrated.  Your screenshots came out pretty darn good though. On those rare occasions that I feel like taking screenshots,  I just use hyper edit to get into perfect position, but since you actually put them in orbit manually I appreciate them even more! 

17 hours ago, String Witch said:

I found a surgical scar on Eve.

1e718300c5.png

IIRC this is something inherent in EVE, but if you can fix it there it is.

Yeah I've noticed that and haven't done any investigating yet.  I'll look into it when I have finished working on SVT 

23 hours ago, Galileo said:

No that's just realplume 

WRT this - I use that mod, but I also use KW Rocketry... I wonder if those engines are set up as well? I don't get that neat little blue bit right at the nozzle for any of the KW engines so far, and I haven't used the stock engines in so long...

On the Kopernicus Issue front: I saw this issue myself tonight, and I would like a little clarification. As I understand it, SVT requires Kopernicus, correct? If so, would it be possible to, instead, make it a Texture Replacer mod instead, which might alleviate that issue. Also, since I kept playing even after it showed, I noticed a couple things.

It gets progressively worse. The best guess I had initially was that the conflicting portions of the mods are causing the textures to be drawn on themselves over and over again, causing a net 'Screen' blend mode. When I did a landing with the white globe of terror effect going on, however, I was watching the ground textures, and once you get down below the edges of the atmosphere, it goes away and all looks normal. This leads me to the belief that it may not be SVT and Kopernicus, but SCATTERER and Kopernicus that is the issue, since the atmospere effects are essentially nil once you get down low enough. *shrug* Just a thought.

On the subject of the auroras again... My kids had a thought as we flew by them earlier today - is green the only color we can do there? I know that tends to be a dominant color, but imagine if you had two or three colors weaving in and out from each other. Again, just a thought...

Regardless, very much enjoying the mod. You continue to take it where I have no doubt NHawks would have eventually taken it himself, if not even a little bit further. Thanks much once again.

EDIT: Regardling the 'Apply' button thing - I know. I tend to fail at the 'humorous sarcasm' note when writing in text. Having discussed T/S'ing with you before, I know the first few things to try are always the obvious ones that aren't really obvious to some people. I was making a joke, not getting upset with you. (Also, I made sure it was turned on. I even turned it off, then back on again. :) )

Edited by Shadriss

11 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

WRT this - I use that mod, but I also use KW Rocketry... I wonder if those engines are set up as well? I don't get that neat little blue bit right at the nozzle for any of the KW engines so far, and I haven't used the stock engines in so long...

On the Kopernicus Issue front: I saw this issue myself tonight, and I would like a little clarification. As I understand it, SVT requires Kopernicus, correct? If so, would it be possible to, instead, make it a Texture Replacer mod instead, which might alleviate that issue. Also, since I kept playing even after it showed, I noticed a couple things.

It gets progressively worse. The best guess I had initially was that the conflicting portions of the mods are causing the textures to be drawn on themselves over and over again, causing a net 'Screen' blend mode. When I did a landing with the white globe of terror effect going on, however, I was watching the ground textures, and once you get down below the edges of the atmosphere, it goes away and all looks normal. This leads me to the belief that it may not be SVT and Kopernicus, but SCATTERER and Kopernicus that is the issue, since the atmospere effects are essentially nil once you get down low enough. *shrug* Just a thought.

On the subject of the auroras again... My kids had a thought as we flew by them earlier today - is green the only color we can do there? I know that tends to be a dominant color, but imagine if you had two or three colors weaving in and out from each other. Again, just a thought...

Regardless, very much enjoying the mod. You continue to take it where I have no doubt NHawks would have eventually taken it himself, if not even a little bit further. Thanks much once again.

EDIT: Regardling the 'Apply' button thing - I know. I tend to fail at the 'humorous sarcasm' note when writing in text. Having discussed T/S'ing with you before, I know the first few things to try are always the obvious ones that aren't really obvious to some people. I was making a joke, not getting upset with you. (Also, I made sure it was turned on. I even turned it off, then back on again. :) )

Yeah it's definitely a scatterer issue and I brought it up to blackrack so hopefully he can get to the bottom of it.

And I can definitely put more colors into the auroras.  Currently in the detail texture there is green, yellow and blue.  It is dominated by green for sure though probably because the main aurora texture is green itself.

If I used texture replacer  instead of kopernicus, I lose all ground textures which I wouldn't want to happen. Unless there is a way to do that with tr and I don't know about it.   Scaled space would still be beautiful but I want ground textures. :)  

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If I used texture replacer  instead of kopernicus, I lose all ground textures which I wouldn't want to happen. Unless there is a way to do that with tr and I don't know about it.   Scaled space would still be beautiful but I want ground textures. :)  

Is that not how the KSPRC ground textures were applied? Through TR, I mean? I know there have been ground texture replacers before Kopernicus came around.

7 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Is that not how the KSPRC ground textures were applied? Through TR, I mean? I know there have been ground texture replacers before Kopernicus came around.

KSPRC uses kopernicus but it might have used something else in the past.  EVE used to allow for ground textures but that feature hasn't been implemented in 1.1.  I don't know if TR is capable ground textures but if it is I dont know how to use it. If I knew of an alternative way to do it I would in a heart beat.  I hate the white kerbin bug

Edited by Galileo

Was just looking through that Mod's thread myself, and I think you are likely correct that it doesn't. All the mods that do celestial bodies are only doing the orbital ones. Unfortunate... though theoretically, it should still be possible if it makes ALL stock textures able to be replaced. Don't know enough about modding on this game to say for certain, so I guess I'll just let it lie, and hope Blackrack (or someone else) comes up with a solution. Thanks for the ear, though. Also, for the hopefully upcoming multi-color auroras. :)

1 minute ago, Shadriss said:

Was just looking through that Mod's thread myself, and I think you are likely correct that it doesn't. All the mods that do celestial bodies are only doing the orbital ones. Unfortunate... though theoretically, it should still be possible if it makes ALL stock textures able to be replaced. Don't know enough about modding on this game to say for certain, so I guess I'll just let it lie, and hope Blackrack (or someone else) comes up with a solution. Thanks for the ear, though. Also, for the hopefully upcoming multi-color auroras. :)

I'm having a tough time picturing what other colors I could use without it looking like a rainbow. I could just add more blues and shades of green and maybe a little purple

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.