[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

25 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I'm having a tough time picturing what other colors I could use without it looking like a rainbow. I could just add more blues and shades of green and maybe a little purple

THIS might give you a few ideas. Granted, it's a completely different game, but auroras are auroras.

I'm doing some research into the TR solution, but haven't been able to find where Squad keeps the base ground textures. Don't suppose you'd know where?

EDIT: If I'm reading this right, so long as the 'internal' texture name is the same, it can be dropped right into the default folder of TR and work. Not sure how that will affect the CFGs you have in there as well (those would only be there to make it play using the Kopernicus method?), but texture wise, looks like it should work. Gonna give it a shot and see what happens.

EDIT Jr. : Nope. That didn't work. *sigh* Was worth a shot.

Edited by Shadriss

12 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

THIS might give you a few ideas. Granted, it's a completely different game, but auroras are auroras.

I'm doing some research into the TR solution, but haven't been able to find where Squad keeps the base ground textures. Don't suppose you'd know where?

EDIT: If I'm reading this right, so long as the 'internal' texture name is the same, it can be dropped right into the default folder of TR and work. Not sure how that will affect the CFGs you have in there as well (those would only be there to make it play using the Kopernicus method?), but texture wise, looks like it should work. Gonna give it a shot and see what happens.

Theoretically it should work.  Typically BUILTIN/texture name is how kopernicus uses stock textures but I don't know where stock stores them or how to extract them

Trying that, I got the original look to the grass around KSC, so I'm going to say that's a bust. I know it would work for the orbit textures, but as that isn't what we're trying to keep (in this instance) this is, for the moment, a bust. Ah well.

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Theoretically it should work.  Typically BUILTIN/texture name is how kopernicus uses stock textures but I don't know where stock stores them or how to extract them

Take another look at KSPRC, it does use Texture Replacer for planet textures, not Kopernicus. But yeah, you just drop in the textures in TR, list it in the config, and bob's you're uncle. Pretty sure TR has an example config download that has comments explaining everything. 

I'm currently running the TR side of KSPRC, and the EVE side of SVE 1.0.3, it's working great and really beautiful. Here's some shots with that setup (and GemFX): http://imgur.com/a/V7srv

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I'm having a tough time picturing what other colors I could use without it looking like a rainbow. I could just add more blues and shades of green and maybe a little purple

Primarily green, as you have it now, but occasionally trailing off into teal at the upper levels. And the sparse shot of fuschia and magenta. I live in Minnesota, so I get to see the aurora several times a year from my backyard.

51 minutes ago, Sooner266 said:

Take another look at KSPRC, it does use Texture Replacer for planet textures, not Kopernicus. But yeah, you just drop in the textures in TR, list it in the config, and bob's you're uncle. Pretty sure TR has an example config download that has comments explaining everything. 

I'm currently running the TR side of KSPRC, and the EVE side of SVE 1.0.3, it's working great and really beautiful. Here's some shots with that setup (and GemFX): http://imgur.com/a/V7srv

It does use kopernicus because looking at his cfg is how I learned what I know about kopernicus. He uses texture replacer for other things just not ground textures. Scaled space textures are not the same as ground textures 

50 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

I appear to have somehow killed my installation of the game - Moho, Mun, and Minmus have all mysteriously vanished from the solar system. :/ No more testing till I figure out what happened...

Sounds like you are just missing the textures 

Edited by Galileo

Hm, we must be using different versions of KSPRC. In 0.5, the ground textures are in TextureReplacer/Default. Looking at the TR readme, I was mistaken about the config, there isn't one. You just drop the textures where the readme show, and it will use them automatically. So for Kerbin the locations inside TextureReplacer from the readme are: 

Default/KerbinScaledSpace300        // Kerbin
Default/KerbinScaledSpace401        // Kerbin normal map

Those are the scaled textures, though... not the actual ground textures, which is what we're talking about. I just tried dropping the ground textures in, and instead of the SVT look, I got vanilla, so unless there is a step missing somewhere (entirely possible) that doesn't work.

38 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Those are the scaled textures, though... not the actual ground textures, which is what we're talking about. I just tried dropping the ground textures in, and instead of the SVT look, I got vanilla, so unless there is a step missing somewhere (entirely possible) that doesn't work.

What name did you save the texture that you put in the default folder? 

The names I gave my textures aren't the same as the names stock uses.  

TR might have a list of names somewhere I'll have to check 

The only downfall is if different bodies use the same texture in stock.  If I was to change Kerbins cliff face texture then it will be the same on,  say,  eeloo for example. And it might break the immersion.  In kopernicus I can have different textures for each body and make each unique 

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Shadriss said:

try this in texture replacer. you can use my textures for this to make it easier:

remove all SVE/SVT mods

rename one of my cliff face texture to this: lunar cliff face

drop that texture into the default folder and look at the craters on the mun.

maybe, just maybe, it will work

EDIT: I just tried it and, well, its trying to do something. I dont know whats missing for it to work exactly. ill have to play around with it.zeSKgeO.png

Edited by Galileo

Yeah, the Mun is a little past my current program's capabilities. Unless you mean staring at it and wondering if it's made of cheese. That, we're good at.

Calling it a night on this end - good night. Maybe we'll figure this out in the next few days or so.

Ok Galileo, I've got a few issues with the scatterer Config. 

Duna's dark side has some type of scatterer induced ambience that I can't seem to get rid of:

1e42d82b896ed823cb92755feb00ec46.png

This next problem persists with all of the planets I try to edit. For some reason, Map View and Sky/Orbit views make the planets look different. It's as if I can change scatterer in Map view and get immediate effects but trying to change it in Sky/Orbit view shows no change at all, here are two examples, Jool isn't as noticeable as Laythe with these two I'll admit:

3a906ad666dcf598d2b2dda07fb1adc7.png

ec0980db7a138f1b8a3cf213026a6324.png

ed6c35beef6751fd52c5a77579ef88d3.png

113d8d42899c703c4aaa815d59c0994b.png

My last question is if the Sky/Orbit view not changing despite Map view changing has something to do with not implementing my changes from the scatterer config tool into the actual scatterer folder. If that isn't the problem though, could you still tell me where to go in the scatterer config tool folder to get the configs I saved by clicking save atmo in game?

bbcd0e03cebd519687e8c83ea5b4b062.png

On 18.07.2016. at 8:57 PM, Tekener said:

Or None :P

These "stroms" are vortexes inside the mass of cloud belts rotating around these gas giants. They are just holes in the cloud layer and happens like whirlpools in floating water. Jupiter has a well known one, Neptune a harder to see one and Uranus or Saturn have none. So if you need a storm, put one (1) in, but the "normal" state of gas giants is to not have a big stable vortex. Even Jupiter's eye is already fading. 

So for me it's still 1 or 3 or best a mixture of those :)

Why do you hate storms so much :'(. They look awesome.

I want to make sure I do the SVE update correctly.  I expect to download the mod, clean out the old install and drag the downloaded GameData folder over, correct?  My only concern is what I need to delete before merging the GameData folders.  Since you imply that only SVE is updated, do I delete DistantObject, EVE, Scatterer and SVE folders, or just SVE?

Just delete everything to assure that there is no issues. So delete:

-Stockvisualenhancements 

-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 

-Scatterer 

(you don't have to delete DOE as I didn't change anything in that mod) 

Then just copy over the new update and you should be good

18 hours ago, Galileo said:

Just delete everything to assure that there is no issues. So delete:

-Stockvisualenhancements 

-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 

-Scatterer 

(you don't have to delete DOE as I didn't change anything in that mod) 

Then just copy over the new update and you should be good

I noticed that the Distant Object Enhancement included in the SVE download has a .dll from April 28.  Latest DOE has a .dll from June 23.  Should there be any problems using the DOE versions from its topic?

3 hours ago, Jacke said:

I noticed that the Distant Object Enhancement included in the SVE download has a .dll from April 28.  Latest DOE has a .dll from June 23.  Should there be any problems using the DOE versions from its topic?

You can use it. Won't hurt anything 

4 hours ago, Space Garden said:

Can I install SVE without DOE ???

Yep just delete it

So, i take it that SVE, and KScale64 should work together right out of the box, correct?

IIRC, SigmaDimensions (being required for 64K) automatically scales cloud layers, so that part should be fine, but does everything else compiled in this mod scale as well?

I'm hoping to crash SVE, 64k -maybe- KSPRC together into my install. 

46 minutes ago, StickyScissors said:

So, i take it that SVE, and KScale64 should work together right out of the box, correct?

IIRC, SigmaDimensions (being required for 64K) automatically scales cloud layers, so that part should be fine, but does everything else compiled in this mod scale as well?

I'm hoping to crash SVE, 64k -maybe- KSPRC together into my install. 

Well ksprc is a tricky install along side SVE.  It's possible though.  I made SVT to work with SVE to alleviate headaches for people that had trouble with ksprc and sve.  But yeah 64k should be fine with SVE.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.