In game to IRL height conversions (6100m IRL)

So I've just made an F4U Corsair, and managed to take it to roughly the top speed I could find on the internet by diving, but the wiki says it reached roughly 200m/s at 6100m. I know that Kerbin is, however, smaller, so 6100m would be lower, so my question is:

What altitude would i have to reach in ksp to be at the equivalent of 6100m in real life?

Thanks for any and all help.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:58 PM, Rhomphaia said:

Kerbins atmosphere is 70% Earths so 4270m

Kerbin is actually smaller than that.

Kerbins atmosphere is a little over 1/3rd the size of Earths. 

Earths atmosphere tops out around 180km.   Kerbin is 69km. 

So 6.1km asl, is closer to 18km ASL real life.  As far as I know, no F4U flew above 40kft or 12km. 

4 hours ago, Hodo said:

Kerbin is actually smaller than that.

Kerbins atmosphere is a little over 1/3rd the size of Earths. 

Earths atmosphere tops out around 180km.   Kerbin is 69km. 

So 6.1km asl, is closer to 18km ASL real life.  As far as I know, no F4U flew above 40kft or 12km. 

Atmospheres in KSP are cropped absolutely at a fairly arbitrary value. above the cutoff nothing is modeled

The 70km cutoff at Kebin corresponds to 100km at Earth.  Everything below is modeled on a 70% scale of the US standard atmospheric model

After mixed answers, I'm going to go with about 70% of real atmosphere being kerbin. Thanks for all the help, and I think it's time I re-researched the plane, as the site I was reading from was complete krakens.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:58 PM, Rhomphaia said:

Kerbins atmosphere is 70% Earths so 4270m

It's an 80% scale, not 70%.  The temperature, pressure and density that is present at the real life altitude of 6100 m occurs at an altitude of 4880 m on Kerbin.

Kerbin's atmosphere is based on the U.S. Standard Atmosphere, with the height multiplied by a factor of 0.8.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, Rhomphaia said:

The 70km cutoff at Kebin corresponds to 100km at Earth.

No it doesn't.  The top of Kerbin's atmosphere is based on the 86 km height of the USSA factored by 0.8, which works out to 86*0.8 = 68.8 km.  It was then extrapolated out to 70 km just to make it a nice round number.

Edited by OhioBob

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.