Great Fox (your favorite Smash Bros level comes to KSP!)

Great Fox

Download Now!

Luijt7C.jpg

LfSfXbT.jpg

Click for a GIF and more images

Fight against the forces of Andross with your own Great Fox battleship!

Great Fox is a flyable rocket-plane. She does not have forward landing gear so instead you will have to use the

jet system to hover the front end as you taxi down the runway. She flys under her own power without VTOL engine jet

assist once you clear 100m/s. She cannot make orbit on her own, a booster assist system is required (which is currently

still in development). 

She will seat 36 kerbals with 2 additional exterior seats, her large guns also act as personal rocket vehicles.

There are countless docking ports of all sizes located all around the ship and inside the 3 cargo bays. 

Please don't let Andross take over Corneria, you are our only hope!

Edited by Krog34

37 minutes ago, Crocket said:

Awesome! Can't wait to beat up other Kerbals for no apparent reason!

We should petition for Jebediah to be a new entry character for Smash Bro's next game. I mean, Sonic got a shot, Sega and Nintendo were rivals and he's in their game! (granted we know the circumstances why but the argument still holds water!) 

:wink:

1 hour ago, Krog34 said:

We should petition for Jebediah to be a new entry character for Smash Bro's next game. I mean, Sonic got a shot, Sega and Nintendo were rivals and he's in their game! (granted we know the circumstances why but the argument still holds water!) 

:wink:

His recovery has to be his EVA pack. Literally has to.

One of us should make a petition for Jeb to be in Sm5sh.

A minor nitpick, but the Mk. 3 parts at the bow of the ship just look oversized and out of place to me. I would have used the Mk. 2 cockpit and a crew cabin myself. It seems to me they'd fit more in line with the lines and the shape of the Great Fox, or maybe I would have done something custom with the wing pieces... I personally have never attempted to do a replica of the Great Fox yet, except in my high school computer animation class...

Sector_Z_Smash1.jpg

(Image is from Smash Bros. 64)

Everything else looks great though!!

Edited by Speed_Kerman

1 hour ago, Speed_Kerman said:

A minor nitpick, but the Mk. 3 parts at the bow of the ship just look oversized and out of place to me. I would have used the Mk. 2 cockpit and a crew cabin myself. It seems to me they'd fit more in line with the lines and the shape of the Great Fox, or maybe I would have done something custom with the wing pieces... I personally have never attempted to do a replica of the Great Fox yet, except in my high school computer animation class...

Sector_Z_Smash1.jpg

(Image is from Smash Bros. 64)

Everything else looks great though!!

I agree, MK2 sort of fit the bill a bit better, in fact i started with the MK2 cockpit. My early attempts were composed of many parts and it kept exploding under thrust. I went with MK3 to keep the part count down and for simplicity sake.

6 hours ago, Krog34 said:

I agree, MK2 sort of fit the bill a bit better, in fact i started with the MK2 cockpit. My early attempts were composed of many parts and it kept exploding under thrust. I went with MK3 to keep the part count down and for simplicity sake.

Ahhh I see. As my mother, Mrs. Kerman, always used to say, "Keep it simple, stupid!!"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.