[WIP] Add on Airlocks

The Kibo JEM (aka Japanese aka Kapanese) Airlock is mow fairly heavily revised, and just needs weathering and so on.  I copied the external model of the inside face to the IVA model as I always intended that to show when in the IVA view from other parts.  Like so;

0h2LOny.png

I had to redo some IVA bits, as I'd completely misinterpreted some of the internal photos I had.  The IVA got some serious re-UV-mapping and a bit of retopology-ified.  I'm still uncertain what I'm doing with the experiment side table piece, but I expect I'll add one or two things there for flavour.

wX3FEAg.png

The two curved tracks at the bottom I could only see as pipes before, with odd curves.  Now that I notice they're tracks, the whole door mechanism makes sense.  Only problem is I have zero photos showing the top of the door, and if I was building this, there'd be a mirrored set of tracks at the top to fully constrain the door, even though it may not need it with the sliding arm.  And, I put the screen up there to use the external camera.

u8JdEsv.png

14 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

I copied the external model of the inside face to the IVA model as I always intended that to show when in the IVA view from other parts

I took a while to see what you were saying.   Basically, if we put this on a part we'll be able to see where it sits in IVA mode? Or when viewing the IVA via the cutaways? Or both?

Amazing work!  Peace.

Moving forward, I'll be making fully populated IVAs dependent on my TD Props mod.  The IVAs will function fine without, they'll just be missing some items.  Just looking at what to add to the large airdock, and remembered the space to the right was going to be an EVA suit locker.  But, the helmets are so big, and Kerbals where their suits all the time, it's going to just be a helmet.

tj5XKtE.png

I'll need top match the colours a bit better, but that's a fairly quick texture job.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.