Looking for cool rocket parts

Kar

Hi there.

I play with a lot of mods, and I know pretty much many of the mods that I do not use.

Still, I need something to make my rockets look cool.

I am looking for tanks, boosters, adapters and stuff like that with cool textures.

I also use revamp stock mod too. But what I do NOT want is crazy engines, tanks with strange fuel mixtures and things that do not fit well.

I have see some mods with these parts and more, there problem here is really the "more". Many modders that make cool parts also tend to go overhead and change something else.

Also, many cool mods I have seen, also introduce some engines and other parts that alter the balance of the game too, that I do not want.

I know there is a way of removing parts that I do not want to use (and also save up ram in KSP) but to be honest I am kinda noob in dealing with cfg files and stuff like that. I understand some more technical stuff but some other are a bit confusing.

If some modder out there have some collection (compatible with 1.3 ofc) with some cool rockets textures that do not exaggerate the balance of the game, please let me know. If you guys also have some cool rockets mod that give a aesthetic look to your parts let me know.

Oh, I do love building cool landers and space stations :)

p.s.

Found a typo? Oh well, I am not English :P

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Wait, so do you just want new tanks and adapters? Or do you want new (balanced) engines, command modules, etc.

No, just tanks, adapters, boosters, etc,  that can be compatible with stock with cool textures. I can give a try on new (balanced) engines and / or Command modules if they are really balanced with other stock parts.

@CobalWolf

Just clicked on your sig links because I saw "all parts" lol. Love those solar panels :)

Edited by Kar

55 minutes ago, Kar said:

No, just tanks, adapters, boosters, etc,  that can be compatible with stock with cool textures. I can give a try on new (balanced) engines and / or Command modules if they are really balanced with other stock parts.

@CobalWolf

Just clicked on your sig links because I saw "all parts" lol. Love those solar panels :)

Haha well that's why I hesitated to directly recommend my stuff. At the very least, I can GUARANTEE that the fuel tanks are balanced to stock fuel densities and weights.

21 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Haha well that's why I hesitated to directly recommend my stuff. At the very least, I can GUARANTEE that the fuel tanks are balanced to stock fuel densities and weights.

:D I'm gonna give your stuff a try. Thank you.

21 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

What about procedural parts? A number of texture packs exist for them. Pretty easy to build your own tanks and adapters that way.

Yeah, I already tried that one, not much luck. I like lego style :wink:

2 hours ago, NathanMcGuire30 said:

I like KW rocketry, because it adds a ton of parts that seem pretty balanced, and look amazing.  The parts it adds fit your "adapters, tanks and boosters" criteria, because that is pretty much all it adds.

The last time I tried KWR was around .90 or ealier I think, always had some issues due to the ram usage. Ofc today might be different since we can already play x64. In any case, for what I remember, they also have some engines models that I did not liked.

The SSTU mod seams interesting I will probably take a look at it too.

Thank you all for your ideas. :)

Fly safe.

17 hours ago, Kar said:

The last time I tried KWR was around .90 or ealier I think, always had some issues due to the ram usage. Ofc today might be different since we can already play x64. In any case, for what I remember, they also have some engines models that I did not liked.

I always use KW, and I play on a pretty bad laptop and have never had any ram issues, so especially with x64, this likely won't be a problem.

Did some one say "cool looking rockets"?

Spoiler

gIBb7je.webp

It's not very big but what I have done I've put a lot of thought into making the parts fit in with and mesh well with stock where stock bothers to be consistent and bring consistency and normality to where stock chooses to be inconsistent and weird with its balance.

Edited by passinglurker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.