Top Gun AI Revamped

18 minutes ago, Alphasus said:

It should automatically trigger with guard mode.

The AI doesn't trigger the ECM ... You have to stage it, that hasn't changed as of yet

EDIT: I have raised the issue with the other members of the BDAc team and also opened an issue on Git for this to be addressed

Edited by DoctorDavinci

7 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

The AI doesn't trigger the ECM ... You have to stage it, that hasn't changed as of yet

EDIT: I have raised the issue with the other members of the BDAc team and also opened an issue on Git for this to be addressed

Oh, sorry. I don't know why I thought that they did. 

16 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Weird. I found it doesn't. It just stays off.

I'll stage it for you via action groups. My only question is when.

13 minutes ago, Alphasus said:

I'll stage it for you via action groups. My only question is when.

I'd recommend at launch before you start the competition mode ... Also you are not able to turn on RCS with action groups or through staging so the host of a given match will have to turn on RCS for each competitor

Edited by DoctorDavinci

44 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

I'd recommend at launch before you start the competition mode ... Also you are not able to turn on RCS with action groups or through staging so the host of a given match will have to turn on RCS for each competitor

I'll just press R. The AI knows how to use it. If I turn it on at launch, a plane can easily lose electricity. The power consumption is massive.

2 hours ago, Alphasus said:

I'll just press R. The AI knows how to use it. If I turn it on at launch, a plane can easily lose electricity. The power consumption is massive.

Meh. I have 1600 units of electrical power. :D

I'll tag the ECM to R. Since I still have the plane, I might as well.

1 minute ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Isn't that the obvious choice?

If you're not going to use then may as well lose it

Sorry. I thought you may have wanted me to just disable RCS for your plane. Since you're allowed B9 though, air powered RCS exists.

58 minutes ago, Alphasus said:

It uses 500/s I think, if not 50/s.

Oh goodness no, not that much. Maybe 5 per second. Even with a stock 150 units it's good for a couple of minutes, and most engines alternators can keep up at WOT. I just added the batteries when the throttle goes down. Think of it as a buffer.

Just now, GDJ said:

Oh goodness no, not that much. Maybe 5 per second. Even with a stock 150 units it's good for a couple of minutes, and most engines alternators can keep up at WOT. I just added the batteries when the throttle goes down. Think of it as a buffer.

OK then. You should be fine.

5 planes including my dual entries then. I may extend the time for entering planes if I don't get some more submissions. I'll remind you that up to two entries per person are allowed.

I have planes from:

-Keudn

-GDJ

-Combatsmithen

-Myself

Edited by Alphasus

Update on all dry times: I'm using MechJeb 2 now. I'll let it go if you're within 2 minutes of the required flight time because KER isn't entirely up to date. Currently, all craft pass on amnesty(all of them except for 1 are very close, and I modified that one while keeping fuel balanced)unless you are way too low.

Edited by Alphasus

5 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Happy that you sorted that out

Can I assume that you will be entering? I'll send you the fixed plane's craft file and you can inspect it.

Edited by Alphasus

Last minute help questions: I've put my AIM-120's on a 1x1 structural panel (no railings) inside an mk2 cargo bay, and they frequently fail to launch. I have set the cargo bay setting to true on each missile, so does anyone know why they're failing to launch most of the time?

Mechjeb2 refuses to work on my system, but KER does. @Alphasus Is it possible for you to check for me on your computer what my plane's dry flight time is in mechjeb2? Or will you allow the dry flight time that KER calculated (Which was 38 minutes)?

And do you take custom flags?

Edited by drtricky

40 minutes ago, drtricky said:

Last minute help questions: I've put my AIM-120's on a 1x1 structural panel (no railings) inside an mk2 cargo bay, and they frequently fail to launch. I have set the cargo bay setting to true on each missile, so does anyone know why they're failing to launch most of the time?

Mechjeb2 refuses to work on my system, but KER does. @Alphasus Is it possible for you to check for me on your computer what my plane's dry flight time is in mechjeb2? Or will you allow the dry flight time that KER calculated (Which was 38 minutes)?

And do you take custom flags?

You likely need railings for best missile performance.

So, what happens for the missile launch failure:

If they blow up, increase both the decouple speed and drop time.

If they stay in the cargo bay then blow up, above.

If they don't launch, restart the game and see if it happens again. Also make sure that the missile isn't in a cargo bay made of 2 smaller cargo bays.

KER numbers are fine(KER underestimates slightly), I can't guarantee custom flags.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.