Top Gun AI Revamped

I might enter this round, but I need to get some time off from classes to make a fighter (or at least alter one of mine a bit) to fit in the ruleset. Is there any chance I could get an extra day added to the submittal deadline? (Full day of classes for me today, but I've got all the time in the world tomorrow.)

4 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

I might enter this round, but I need to get some time off from classes to make a fighter (or at least alter one of mine a bit) to fit in the ruleset. Is there any chance I could get an extra day added to the submittal deadline? (Full day of classes for me today, but I've got all the time in the world tomorrow.)

I think September 1st will be fine(end of september 1st by the way, so I can start recording on the 2nd).

5 hours ago, Alphasus said:

Deadline is extending by a week. I only have 4 planes.

Oh no!  I was so excited to be watching some battles today.  This is my first tournament, too.

Come on, guys.  Shape up, and make airplanes.  I need to get my tournament cherry popped asap.

On the other hand, maybe I'll make another fighter in time for the new deadline.

2 hours ago, aleksey444 said:

Oh no!  I was so excited to be watching some battles today.  This is my first tournament, too.

Come on, guys.  Shape up, and make airplanes.  I need to get my tournament cherry popped asap.

On the other hand, maybe I'll make another fighter in time for the new deadline.

I'll put a few fights up if you want.

1 hour ago, Alphasus said:

I'll put a few fights up if you want.

Nah, it's ok.  I think it would cheapen the experience.  Let's wait for more planes, so we can have a proper tournament.

BTW, how are these things advertised?  I think I found out about this from the ASC thread.  Are tournaments announced somewhere?  Maybe there just aren't enough people who know about this awesomeness?

Just now, aleksey444 said:

Nah, it's ok.  I think it would cheapen the experience.  Let's wait for more planes, so we can have a proper tournament.

BTW, how are these things advertised?  I think I found out about this from the ASC thread.  Are tournaments announced somewhere?  Maybe there just aren't enough people who know about this awesomeness?

I advertise to the people who last participated in a tournament, and every once in a while in a similar thread.

48 minutes ago, Mr_Hubris said:

alphasus when will the next one be?

what mods will be permitted? id love to do one with ferram and procedural wings perhaps...

PLEASE START A NEW TOURNEY I WANNA JOIN ONE SO BAD BUT CANT FIND ONE

Ummm... No mods(not balancing that stuff, and certain tournaments already allow them). Tournament entry is allowed, rules below:

Rules

-No mods. (Except for BDarmory)

-Fights are 2v2(of the same plane, so 2 of plane A and 2 of plane B)

-Fights are best of 3, finals are Bo5

-The last flying aircraft wins. If both are destroyed in the sky, the round is considered a draw. If they die within 5 seconds of each other, it's a draw.

-75 parts at most

-400 fuel per J-404

-500 fuel per TurboRamjet

-200 fuel per Wheesley

-100 fuel per Juno

-REACTION WHEELS ARE ALSO NOT ALLOWED.

-All designs must be withing the point limit, which is stated below.

-All turrets MUST be fixed forward

-Max two entries per tournament.

-No clipping fuel tanks or engines. They can be slightly clipped for looks, but not completely inside each other. Structural parts and ammo, guns, gear, etc. Is ok. Wings are OK as long as you're not putting more than half of wing surface area(estimated) inside the plane.

Point System

60 point limit

-AIM-9 - 5 Points

-AIM-120 - 4 Points

-All other missiles - 4 points

-Chaff - 2 Points

-Flares- 3 Points

-Ammo Can - 4 points (all types)

-.50 cal turret - 4 points

-GAU 8 30mm - 14 points

-M230 - 6 points

-Vulcan Hidden - 6 points

-Vulcan Turret - 8 points

-ECM Jammer - 20 points

-Goalkeeper - Banned

-Abrams Cannon - Banned

-M102 - Banned

-Millennium Cannon - Banned

ABL Laser - Banned

Setting up matches

To set up the match, all planes will be VesselMover'd into position, and then the host will quicksave, and start the match.

Already submitted crafts may be modified until the tournament starts on September 7th.

Any AI and Weapons Manager settings can be changed(but altitude settings must be default).

sorry i thought the entries had be closed... :P making a plane right now

cheers

ALSO, if probe cores are aloud, how do you get them to work again? like what are the bd parts you need to stick on

Edited by Mr_Hubris
forgot something

2 minutes ago, Mr_Hubris said:

sorry i thought the entries had be closed... :P making a plane right now

cheers

ALSO, if probe cores are aloud, how do you get them to work again? like what are the bd parts you need to stick on

Probe cores need the same BD parts are cockpits, those being a Weapons Manager and AI Pilot.

Edited by Alphasus

1 minute ago, Mr_Hubris said:

copy, ill have a craft ready to submit before midnight NA eastern time tonight, where do i submit?

Private message. You have time. Also, up to 2 craft can be submitted, and will compete separately, that meaning that 2 planes of the same model will fight vs two others of the same model, so 2 Plane As will fight 2 Plane Cs, and 2 Plane Bs will fight 2 Plane Ds.

Edited by Alphasus

Just now, Alphasus said:

Private message. You have time. Also, up to 2 craft can be submitted, and will compete separately, that meaning that 2 planes of the same model will fight vs two others of the same model, so 2 Plane As will fight 2 Plane Cs, and 2 Plane Bs will fight 2 Plane Ds.

gotcha, one last question if you dont mind? can the aircraft detach from a independant radom on the ground or is that not allowed? and what are the benefits of a radome or radar

2 minutes ago, Mr_Hubris said:

gotcha, one last question if you dont mind? can the aircraft detach from a independant radom on the ground or is that not allowed? and what are the benefits of a radome or radar

Radar is required, and crafts must contain their own radomes. These radomes must have locking capability(no AWACS radomes), and the fighter must carry them, not a separate craft. Radomes allow all missiles to be used, and allow guns to lead more accurately.

Edited by Alphasus

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.