Stock USS Excelsior, scale 1:6

Azimech

The deflector dish is too small but its a nice build though.

The album says nobody has made one yet but a quick google search showed me they have. Not that it matters though. ;-) Shame about the part count.. That's too much for anything other than screen shots.

3 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

The deflector dish is too small but its a nice build though.

The album says nobody has made one yet but a quick google search showed me they have. Not that it matters though. ;-) Shame about the part count.. That's too much for anything other than screen shots.

Not yet finished ;-) Dish is easy to make bigger. Cleaning up the hull when KSP hangs for seconds with everything you do, that's hard. I trust 1.2 will provide a much better experience.

And part count? Remember the orbital city I built a year ago? It had 1100 parts. I got 3 SPF back then with the same hardware. The Excelsior with 2200 does 3-4 FPS. KSP will get faster over time. And I fly it, I crash it, I throw balls at it.  You know me, I always build for the future, not the past ;-)

Hey, show me the google link please ... I searched for excelsiors and found nothing.

Just now, Azimech said:

Not yet finished ;-) Dish is easy to make bigger. Cleaning up the hull when KSP hangs for seconds with everything you do, that's hard. I trust 1.2 will provide a much better experience.

And part count? Remember the orbital city I built a year ago? It had 1100 parts. I got 3 SPF back then with the same hardware. The Excelsior with 2200 does 3-4 FPS. KSP will get faster over time. And I fly it, I crash it, I throw balls at it.  You know me, I always build for the future, not the past ;-)

Hey, show me the google link please ... I searched for excelsiors and found nothing.

LOL ok cool man. 2200 will never be playable though as a single ship me thinks. It makes for nice screenshots though!

Here's the link:

Link

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.