KTP-1490 Konstellation (Super Constellation replica).

A bit of background for this project:

I taught it was time to do a replica that has good performance and that doesn't have a ludicrous part count. So screw custom cockpits, interiors and rounded fuselages, the MK-3 parts will do.

So, lets do something that works and is fun to fly instead of something that gets flown once and is then left to rot due to bad framerate.

(I was supposed to upload this after the album problem gets fixed, but since projects where beginning to get packed up, im going to just use separate picks).

On with the aircraft itself:

Instead of going for fairings and radiator panels to make the fuselage more pretty and rounded, i went for a two layer fuselage instead.

IjSm0pE.png

It actually produces some really good results while only using very little parts, tough passenger fuselages are a bit problematic, with the fuselage eating the windows.

PQ1IJZo.png

Cargo bays are also a bit useless, but it makes bomb-bays even more useful since they will have an actual "floor" in witch to mount the bombs.

(You will get to see what i mean in a later post).

DJyHLiY.png

Due to this part saving method, i was able to make the engines WAY more clean and better looking compared to the ones in the B-29 replica. Basically, because i didn't have to worry about the part count, i could use radiator panes to create a super smooth engine cowling (currently uses 11 panels per engine).

6mdcYk1.png

The wing-tip tanks are just structural to reduce weight and in turn bendyness of wings.

And yes, in real Connies, the antenna cables only attach to two of the rudders, the middle and left or right one. I taught it looked a bit weird, but i'm sure there are reasons for this.

D3M2UDK.png

All and all, it's fun to fly and good to look at, but that's just my opinion.

Specks:

Top speed: 150m/s.

Stall speed: 38m/s.

Length: 56.4m.

Wingspan: 61.1m.

Height: 13.1m.

Mass: 145 tons.

Parts: 455.

It should also have plenty of range to work with.

Mod used: Firespitter.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3125njf09e73lgq/KTP-1490 Konstellation.craft?dl=0

And there it for you, a nice and clean replica of a Constellation. I hope you enjoy it :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.