[Question] Control Surface Tutorial

Eskandare

There's this link from the mod-develpoment-links page - I used it in 1.0.5 and got a control surface working strait off. Remodeled around the 1.0 time frame and haven't been able to get it to work again. (following to see if someone has a good answer)

23 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Is there a tutorial for control surfaces? I've been trying to make a rudder with everything on X mesh etc with no luck.

I don't know about anyone else, but the easiest method for tail fins is to make them a just like a normal wing ctrl srf combo , this works great if you plan to use a stack node attachment as it will snap vertically to a correctly aligned node,  it's not so easy with an srf attach, but all it requires is that you flip it upright when attached, I've probably done it all wrong but it doesn't seem to have stopped them from working correctly and exactly like a tail fin (don't give it a wing and ctrl srf cfg though, check the squad one) I've found doing any other way results in the ctrl surface moving in unexpected ways

On 9/5/2016 at 7:54 PM, wasml said:

There's this link from the mod-develpoment-links page - I used it in 1.0.5 and got a control surface working strait off. Remodeled around the 1.0 time frame and haven't been able to get it to work again. (following to see if someone has a good answer)

Actually, it helped a lot. I got it working. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.