mission completions

Hello everyone

I'm having an issue with completing a mission. I'm doing the one where you test the swiveling rocket and I'm able to complete it but when I go to retrieve the rocket it doesn't register that I've finished the mission and sends me back to square one

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

10 hours ago, Chiron0224 said:

I know the contract you are talking about and it states "WHEN splashed down".  You have to splash down first and THEN you activate the rocket through the staging sequence.

This is probably your answer.

Top tip, when you gotta test something "splashed down at Kerbin", the easiest way is to drive off the end of the runway and into the ocean, then activate it. (Much easier and safer than to fly and land again, although admittedly much more boring too).

4 minutes ago, Magzimum said:

This is probably your answer.

Top tip, when you gotta test something "splashed down at Kerbin", the easiest way is to drive off the end of the runway and into the ocean, then activate it. (Much easier and safer than to fly and land again, although admittedly much more boring too).

That early on he may have at best the fixed landing gear and Juno for driving over land. I'd hardly call that setup safer than a Flea and the M16 parachute.

...which speaks lengths about the state wheels are in 1.1.3

1 hour ago, Sharpy said:

That early on he may have at best the fixed landing gear and Juno for driving over land. I'd hardly call that setup safer than a Flea and the M16 parachute.

...which speaks lengths about the state wheels are in 1.1.3

Heh, true. But with a little patience, keeping it under 20 m/s (under 10 m/s is safer), you can drive the thing into the sea, whereas flying can still result in a crash, especially since you must land that Swivel safely, which has an impact tolerance of only 7 m/s, possibly using only a single parachute (the M16). With radial parachutes (Mk2-R), happy landings are already much easier because you can strap so many more parachutes onto the rocket.

Another bonus of driving is that you don't stage anything, so you recover the entire vehicle if you drive it into the sea. (Yeah, I just read that last sentence back, and I also realize how silly it sounds).

2 hours ago, lschechter said:

I need to file crew reports on some of the missions but I can't find the command in the tutorial. What do I need to do?

Right-click the cockpit and select "crew report", transmit it, finished :)

(or you can keep it and recover the vessel)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.