My first Mun Landing!

Justin38

Hello Everyone!

Ive been playing ksp for about 2 weeks now. started off with the demo and then got the real game. Ive built a small refueling station with a shuttle replica which was challenging but awesome. Ive now reached out and landed my first rover on the mun, and landed my first kerbals on the mun!

Jeb was the first to walk on the mun of course. If you have any suggestions on mods that you like and help the game run smoother let me know please! Also suggestions please on where I should go from here! thanks!!

Also how do you post pictures on here? I have a sweet picture of my first mun lander and crater crawler I was able to hual up there but have no idea of how to post pictures.

Welcome and congrats! You can upload your screenshots to imgur using the green "New Post" button. Then, right click on an image you want to post here and select "Copy Image". Then hit ctrl+z in the forum text editor and the image should show up. If you want to show a bunch of images, post the link to the imgur album. This isn't the only way to do it, but it's simple and has never failed me.

Hello Justin38 and welcome to the KSP Forums!

Congratulations on your Mun landing!  There's no feeling quite like that first one.

Definitely go to Minmus.  Lots of science (if you're playing career or science mode).  It's easier than the Mun to land on and has these beautiful flats.

To post pictures, upload them to an image sharing site such as imgur.com and then paste the link they provide.

Happy landings!

Let me see if I can remember... My first landing on Mun was a crash landing, but the CM and Valentina survived. The second attempt was the rescue mission to retrieve her. I was almost there, within walking distance really- and then I hit the space bar. I don't know why my finger hit the space bar. It was a mistake. I sat there in dumb silence for a second as I watched the fuel tank, engine and landing staging separate from the CM. I just hit the esc key before the craft hit the the ground.

My third attempt finally worked. So, you are well ahead of me.

As for mods. It might already exist, but I want a Hohmann transfer tool that is somewhere between the Kerbal Alarm Clock and MechJeb.

As an aside, does MechJeb assume you have RCS engines? Why do I need RCS engines for a planetary transfer?

Congrats.

My condolences to the four dead kerbals.

Man, I remember my first.  .25, with a terribad landing system that was also the transfer system, cause I stuck the final launch system on the bottom and connected it to the dual puller landing motors with fuel lines, and had a ejecting motor for the launch engine.  If that seems terribly inefficient, thats because it is.  did I say the dual motors were skippers.  Way too overpowered.  Luckily this was before aero, so I could launch this monstrosity on top of a huge 3.75m wet noodle.

KSP has a sense of accomplishment that goes along with your firsts that no other game can match.

Soon you'll be on eve.  And only then will you notice that you need to make a launcher that can SSTO kerbin, and send it to eve somehow to get off that hellhole.

6 hours ago, Rath said:

Congrats.

My condolences to the four dead kerbals.

Man, I remember my first.  .25, with a terribad landing system that was also the transfer system, cause I stuck the final launch system on the bottom and connected it to the dual puller landing motors with fuel lines, and had a ejecting motor for the launch engine.  If that seems terribly inefficient, thats because it is.  did I say the dual motors were skippers.  Way too overpowered.  Luckily this was before aero, so I could launch this monstrosity on top of a huge 3.75m wet noodle.

KSP has a sense of accomplishment that goes along with your firsts that no other game can match.

Soon you'll be on eve.  And only then will you notice that you need to make a launcher that can SSTO kerbin, and send it to eve somehow to get off that hellhole.

:D