Devnote Tuesday: The experimentals Quest!

SQUAD

Just now, Temeter said:

Maybe wait until you've seen all the parts ingame to give more informed criticism? :wink:

I thank then criticism could be much more constructive, instead of commenting out of game model shots.

Why? I'm commenting on the colour of the textures of the specific parts we've been shown. 

1 minute ago, GeneCash said:

Crikey! So it is! NICE! That's something I've been wanting for a LONG time! What a nice surprise.

Yup, that even beats the interstage mods. Even better, the whole thing, as a part module, is going to be super moddable. Who knows what modders are going to repurpose this for...

9 minutes ago, Temeter said:

They said they are working on a patch. We already got word on it, even if the ports are suboptimal at the moment.

Suboptimal? Are you kidding me? It's the most broken game I've played in my entire life. 'working on it'. Is not good enough at this point. May I remind you its been TWO MONTHS! and zero fixes

1 minute ago, RW1984 said:

Suboptimal? Are you kidding me? It's the most broken game I've played in my entire life. 'working on it'. Is not good enough at this point. May I remind you its been TWO MONTHS! and zero fixes

Yeah, and we have been without a working PC release for 6 months.

2 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

The state of the port is a problem, but they brought word out about this a while ago, in fairly clear words. Not sure what else you'd expect them to say, the port is done by an external studio.

Edited by Temeter

13 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Not one word on the broken console versions. Squad you should be ashamed of yourselves, it's been two months and not one bit of support.

When the console versions were announced, everyone was in a panic because they expected dev time to be focused on the console versions rather than the PC version. Selfishly, I'm glad that didn't become a problem.

Plus, Squad doesn't develop the console versions. Go bug Flying Tiger.

1 minute ago, _Krieger_ said:

So when will those awesome revamped parts be added to the stock game, KSP 1.3?

Can't wait for 1.2 to go into public testing!
Cheers

The current parts are being released as a mod together with the beta.

I'm not sure if they are saying those are all parts, just a bit unfinished, or that only a part of the revamp is finished, though.

Just now, Temeter said:

I'm not saying the state of the thing is good, but they brought word out about this a while ago. Not sure what else you'd expect, the port is done by an external studio.

I expect a fix within two months! Hey squad if you're listening can you send some of those 'talented' devs over to FTE to sort this mess out or do the decent thing and give a general refund to the console community?, it's the least they deserve after this disaster.

Just now, RW1984 said:

I expect a fix within two months! Hey squad if you're listening can you send some of those 'talented' devs over to FTE to sort this mess out or do the decent thing and give a general refund to the console community?, it's the least they deserve after this disaster.

You do realize a PC release is good for you right?  Any fixes for the console release will be in 1.2.  The PC version is the base code that the console is built off of.  So when that is released, that is a good sign that the console fix is coming soon.

12 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Not one word on the broken console versions. Squad you should be ashamed of yourselves, it's been two months and not one bit of support.

There are two dedicated threads [here] and [here] specifically for the console patches, so their discussion doesn't get lost amongst the posts of other versions

Patches for the console versions have also been mentioned in prior DevNotes [here], [here] and [here], which is three of the previous four DevNotes

4 minutes ago, Iamsodarncool said:

When the console versions were announced, everyone was in a panic because they expected dev time to be focused on the console versions rather than the PC version. Selfishly, I'm glad that didn't become a problem.

Plus, Squad doesn't develop the console versions. Go bug Flying Tiger.

Go ba

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

You do realize a PC release is good for you right?  Any fixes for the console release will be in 1.2.  The PC version is the base code that the console is built off of.  So when that is released, that is a good sign that the console fix is coming soon.

'coming soon' you're trolling me right?

1 minute ago, NoMrBond said:

There are two dedicated threads [here] and [here] specifically for the console patches, so their discussion doesn't get lost amongst the posts of other versions

Patches for the console versions have also been mentioned in prior DevNotes [here], [here] and [here], which is three of the previous four DevNotes

So you want me to go there, out of sight out of mind, right? Nah squad have screwed the console community over way too much at this point

Just now, RW1984 said:

I expect a fix within two months! 

And we PC players have been expecting a fix for six months. Do you see any of us complaining about rushing?

On the contrary, I'm pretty disappointed with how the parts look - The borders still exist on the fuel tanks, which are really deterring in the model. I don't know about the engines -- They look good, but seem to have lost a bit of their old essence.

Just now, RW1984 said:

'coming soon' you're trolling me right?

We don't have access to release dates, it is always coming SoonTM.  But they aren't going to release a console patch only to have to patch it a second time with 1.2.  I can nearly prommise you won't see a patch before the PC 1.2 release (which will result in the Console 1.2 release) so you should be glad it is really close now.

59 minutes ago, SQUAD said:

the latter is an auto-truss system for the fairings which not only adds a bunch of handy interstage attachment nodes, but also pulls the whole structure together with dynamically appearing structural nodes (here’s an example picture). Modders will also be able to take full advantage of this feature which has been coded as a PartModule.

That is amazing.

11 minutes ago, Alshain said:

they aren't going to release a console patch only to have to patch it a second time with 1.2.  I can nearly prommise you won't see a patch before the PC 1.2 release (which will result in the Console 1.2 release) so you should be glad it is really close now.

why not? due to how their game is broken, it won't hurt more to have 2 realeases...

18 minutes ago, Columbia said:

On the contrary, I'm pretty disappointed with how the parts look - The borders still exist on the fuel tanks, which are really deterring in the model. I don't know about the engines -- They look good, but seem to have lost a bit of their old essence.

The problem, it seems, is that porkjet is either being asked to or ignoring styles outside of what he's impressed people with in the past. The current models may not be very high fidelity but they honestly look better than what we've been shown of the revamp. Porkjet isn't so much improving the parts but just making them in his own rather repetitive aesthetic. 

Edited by HatBat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.