Weird contract type.

magnemoe

Got an contract doing one single surface sample, that is new, usually its multiple locations. 
Area was close to base so it should be very easy. Did sample and was told it was wrong and was sent to another area, then a new one three times I think.
Luckily this was on Gilly so it was easy to move around, but had been less fun on many other bodies. 

Looks like an pretty rare contract type as I have never gotten it before.

This still exists on 1.1. I only had the contract once, and it finally sent me to 5 spots. I think mine was on the Mun, and I was very close to running out of fuel.

I don't mind it if the game throws me a curveball every now and then. Keeps things interesting. The next time such a contract comes along, I will bring more fuel, and less worries.

4 hours ago, eddiew said:

Never seen this, but it sounds fun - as long as you know you'll need a rover/hopper :)

I think you generally need some sort of vessel with science capability landed on the body to get this sort of contract, I generally see them if I have a detachable probe that I leave behind(utility bay with probe core, solar panels, batteries, thermometer and antenna, for doing 'collect science form the surface' missions, popped off the top node shortly after landing)

10 hours ago, eddiew said:

Never seen this, but it sounds fun - as long as you know you'll need a rover/hopper :)

Hi.

I got them before. They will say something-that-need-you-there close to something you own.

I have had them for filling a report due to anomalies, taking a soil sample, a temperature, a pression. Close to a Kerbal on EVA, a lander or a science lab.

I think it's just to make you accept it. I mean who wants to send a ship to Duna just to do a temperature readout at altitude there?

I have done them by Jet-Packing on Minmus. Though they keep getting further and further away.

On Duna  I already had a rover there.

ME

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.