Intra-Vehicular Activities

glugg23

Maybe to be able to click on a part like a space station module or cockpit during a mission which would show a cutaway of the part and you can watch your kerbolnauts do kerbal things?

Though this is probably asking too much what I would love to have is the ability to take control of a kerbal like with EVA missions and explore the inside of your base, station, or ship to get a more closer and personal look at your accomplishments and what you\'ve built.

Plus who wouldn\'t want to build a massive Stanford-Torus like space station, wreck it somehow, then send a ship up and take command of a Kerbonaut to explore the inside of what remains?

I was thinking more along the lines of experiments and mission goals, eg, go to the experimentation lab and plant a tree in Zero grav. Possibly also simple things such as getting the kerbals to eat, sleep and work. This would require new features in the future but for now, just being able to explore your craft would be great!

something I would like for IVA is different camera positions , so you could fly an entire mission from an IVA perspective. Mabe certain functions, like landing gear, docking (damned robotics style parts?) or such would only be available through certain parts?

I was thinking more along the lines of experiments and mission goals, eg, go to the experimentation lab and plant a tree in Zero grav.

Things like this could be implemented as minigames, but I dont think they should be to big a part of the game (especially if they go moonbase alpha style).

Possibly also simple things such as getting the kerbals to eat, sleep and work.

I like this one, adding in kerbal resource management like this would be awsome. If they add specific roles for the different positions in the command pod, like one for napp view, one for pilot controls and one for staging and landing gear. For those long missions you would have to decide which functions should be available at anny given time.

I daresay that once docking is implemented, IVAs will allow first-person crew transferral, by essentially walking your kerbal through the docking hatch into the other ship, and taking a seat. There will be other uses, such as looking out of windows and going 'Ooohhh!'

I had a dream, once, where you could open the hatch on an IVA and walk straight out into EVA, whilst maintaining a first-person view. Sadly, this will probably never happen, but I\'m happy with sitting in the command pod and pushing all of the brightly colored buttons until I hit the Mun.

• 1 month later...
I had a dream, once, where you could open the hatch on an IVA and walk straight out into EVA, whilst maintaining a first-person view. Sadly, this will probably never happen, but I\'m happy with sitting in the command pod and pushing all of the brightly colored buttons until I hit the Mun.

Imagine doing all this with an Oculus Rift

I think it would be cool to attempt to do some of the stuff the astronauts on ISS do. Like extracting cargo from a container from inside the ship using a canada arm and a bunch of cameras. but I can already do that with existing mods.

The Apollo astronauts had to scope out good places to land on the Moon using only that crummy triangular window. I imagine that would be pretty hard.

I'm hoping eventually of having scenario missions on the inside of ships.

Something along the lines of NASA's Moon Base Alpha game.

Imagine you're in a ship with a degrading orbit and you have to fix it before you reenter the atmosphere.

I'm pretty much with you Aramchek. None of the stuff mentioned above really buzzes me. Crew transfer through a UI is perfectly enough for me, watching Kerbals do backflips in zero-G will get old after the second time, and I don't really want to micromanage to the level of making my Kerbals press buttons individually when I can press them myself.

I feel that IVA is one feature that could have been implemented much later. I'm much more looking forward to the new planets, and crossing my fingers for docking in 0.18.

Do we get to float around inside the spacecraft?

I personally haven't heard much.

I have a feeling, at least at first, it is just going to be an inside view with the Kerbals themselves going though a repeated pregenerated animation loop.

Taking care of eating and sleeping... Isn't that called The Sims? I like the idea of cockpit view for piloting the ship, but other than that... I don't know. Maybe if they get to a repair things that I break, but generally if I break things, its going to take more than 1 kerbal and his toothbrush to fix it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.