Density of parts?

For two completely different missions I am interested in the density of the various parts we have at our disposal.

I'd like to build a submarine-rover, but a lot of parts float. Also, I want to make some rover that has good grip on low-gravity moons, but that isn't too large (and Dres, never forget Dres). For both ideas I could use some parts that have a high density, but as far as I can see only the beams and panels seem to have a high density. Did I overlook some parts? (And yes I realize that parts are logically as light-weight as possible... because we need thousands of m/s acceleration, and because Mr. Newton's Second Law ™ says Moar Mass does not help to achieve that).

1 hour ago, Andiron said:

Full black ore tanks are very dense and many people use them as ballast for submarines

Thanks! Glad I asked. Those were not on my list of options yet. :)

@DrLicor, interesting, but I don't want to be buoyant. I want to sink and stay down. :)

Edited by Magzimum

6 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

@Magzimum, ah zo basicly you want to stay 'attached' to the ground all time, no matter if it is under the ocean or the grass. 

Exactly. When I wrote "submarine-rover", perhaps I should have put the "rover" part in italics and underlined.

But I think I got an answer I can work with: the ore tanks come in several sizes, so I can build a design around that. I wonder if you can mine under water, to fill them up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.