Jimbodiah's explorations (pic of the day)

Just thought I would share some screenshots of my game play as I sometimes have really beautiful settings. Hope you enjoy them...

At the moment I have an RSS save that is in the end-game phase with the entire Community Tech Tree unlocked, an SSRSS save that is just passed mid-game and starting a new career in stock KSP, so you could see any mix of these coming by :wink:

Mods used in all installs basically:

Parts:
- SSTU (everything launcher related)
- Near Future Propulsion
- Near Future Construction
- Near Future Solar
- Near Future Electrical
- Near Future Spacecraft
- CryoEngines (LH2 fuel switch)
- Kerbal Atomics
- HeatControl (radiators)
- Far Future Technologies
- Procedural Fairings
- Procedural Parts
- SCANsat
- USI ReactorPack
- USI Kontainers
- USI Karbonite
- USI KarbonitePlus
- USI FFT
- USI WarpDrive (warp plugin)
- WildBlue DSEV (rcs and reactors)
- Coatl Probes+ (probe cores, antennas and solar panels)
- BlueDog Design Bureau (crew pods and Sarnus stages)
- Cx Aerospace StationParts (solar panels until SSTU textures their's)
- Kerbal Reusability Expansion (grid finds)
- IXS WarpShip (warp rings)
- KSP Interstellar Extended (trapezoidal radiators)
- TheGoldStandard (Kerbals love bling too!)
- KIS
- KAS

Enhancements
- MechJeb !!!
- Kerbal Joint Reinforcement !!!!
- Community Tech Tree
- Community Resource Pack
- Kerbal Alarm Clock
- KSC Switcher
- Portrait Stats
- ShipManifest
- HyperEdit
- StageRecovery
- TweakScale

Sound/Visuals
- RealPlume
- Scatterer
- Environmental Visual Enhancements
- RVS or SVE depending on install
- Chatterer

So to start things off...

jimbodiah_161005.jpg
click to enlarge

"Dragon fly" explorer doing a circularisation burn at Saturn after coming out of warp (RSS).

jimbodiah_161004.jpg
click to enlarge

Photo oppertunity above the red spot of Jupiter. Same craft as the first picture.

Edited by Jimbodiah

jimbodiah_161006.jpg
click to enlarge

My end-game shuttle orbiting the moon (SSRSS), getting ready to land 6 tourists for a contract. After that it will return to the station above earth and drop them off so that they can re-enter the atmosphere in the original vehicle that brought them to the station (Ares I). This craft is essentially my interplanetary tourist bus that can bring 6 kerbals anywhere in the solar system and even land on Moon sized or smaller objects without atmospheres.

Edited by Jimbodiah

jimbodiah_161008.jpg
click to enlarge

History meets SciFi.

My first SSRSS moon station with Apollo CSM, DOS science lab and docking hub getting an upgrade with new science experiments as well as a fusion reactor for sustained power while researching/transmitting. I am preparing it for some upcoming biome-hopping to pluck more science from the moon. The Near Future shuttle is docking using it's electrical RCS system and delivering a module with a KIS container and fusion reactor after which it will continue on it's mission as tourist bus.

Edited by Jimbodiah

jimbodiah_161009.jpg
click to enlarge

Science mission trying very hard to land on Phobos (RSS). Here a stripped transport shuttle has a pod attached to the front for extra fuel and also a lot of science experiments attached to it. I tend to alternate these pods to shuttles during contract landings where I know I can get more science. After that mission is finished I dock with a station and undock from the science pod so it can be used by other ships if needed. It's all about saving weight and funds :-)

Edited by Jimbodiah

jimbodiah_161010.jpg
click to enlarge

Earth Station 1. This station orbits Earth (RSS) ar about 3000km altitude and is sort of my bus depot for tourists coming from earth and interplanetary ships that will ferry them to their destination. This way I can use simple/cheap rockets (Ares I) to launch them from Earth to the station and back, but use expensive high-Isp ships to ferry them between planets/moons. This saves a lot on huge stages that will get discarded during launch making the trips a lot cheaper in the end as the interplanetary ships can be used over and over, only requiring some refueling and occasional reactor maintenance. It also has a science lab where Elon Kerman process any spare data collected by one of the ships that docks, and Scotty Kerman will take care of any ship maintenance.

jimbodiah_161014.jpg
click to enlarge

Earth Station 1 close-up. Xenon tanks in the truss and orange Liquid Hydrygen tanks on the outer trusses for refueling the interplanetary shuttles. The inner section has four crew quarters, a science lab at the bottom and a command bridge on the top so they can keep an eye out on Jeb as he docks (we all know what he is capable of!).

Edited by Jimbodiah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.