Units of measurement Electric Charge?

Eskandare

2 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Ampere Hours?

Not really, but you can pretend it is if you like, it's kinda analogous. :P

As far as I can tell EC is just EC - some random unit representing stored electrical energy. Does it matter?

7 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Not really, but you can pretend it is if you like, it's kinda analogous. :P

As far as I can tell EC is just EC - some random unit representing stored electrical energy. Does it matter?

Just attempting to accurately depict the output of a 100MW nuclear reactor.

Just now, Eskandare said:

Just attempting to accurately depict the output of a 100MW nuclear reactor.

That might get interesting. There was, IIRC, a fairly lengthy discussion on how to align EC with real-world units some years back... but I forget the details. Short version: Electrical energy in KSP doesn't really work with RL units at all, balance against existing parts or re-invent the system altogether.
Might be best, for gameplay/compatibility purposes, to look at other mods that include reactors - Interstellar adds a new resource "MegaWatts", while NearFuture and MKS work with the existing EC.
If I were doing this I would match NearFuture... but that's just me.

1 minute ago, steve_v said:

That might get interesting. There was, IIRC, a fairly lengthy discussion on how to align EC with real-world units some years back... but I forget the details. Short version: Electrical energy in KSP doesn't really work with RL units at all, balance against existing parts or re-invent the system altogether.
Might be best, for gameplay/compatibility purposes, to look at other mods that include reactors - Interstellar adds a new resource "MegaWatts", while NearFuture and MKS work with the existing EC.
If I were doing this I would match NearFuture... but that's just me.

This gave me an interesting interpretation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.