Kerbonaut Retrieval Claw, submitted for peer review.

Baleur

? Kerbonaut Retrieval Claw ?

Never miss another chance at true love, a Bill is out there somewhere, for each and every one of us.

2ufzx20.jpg

The clamps lock down safely to keep the stranded Kerbonaut safe while you thrust for re-entry. Press G for easiest effect, since half of the clamps had to be placed there without symmetry, to keep the hatch opening clear. Which also serves to enable a Kerbonaut to squeeze through the opening near the hatch in case of wrongful imprisonment.

(May not function as advertised when heatshields are added to the game..) ;D ;D

What if your capsule is already full?

Simple, you use the larger command module, then have 2 of the 3 go on EVA and clear the launch pad a safe distance, then have the remaining Kerbonaut pilot up to the stranded Kerbonauts and pick them up, multiple trips may be necessary.

I believe Damned Aerospace has just released a 5 kerbal capacity module part. Its not a command module but acts like a regular part that you can add to rockets in any sort of number your little heart desires. Plus it has fuel in it too to insulate the kerbals and give your rocket some extra fuel for usage. I didn\'t like my kerbals soaked in fuel so I configured the part file and set the fuel to 0. Look in the plugin section for it.

I believe Damned Aerospace has just released a 5 kerbal capacity module part. Its not a command module but acts like a regular part that you can add to rockets in any sort of number your little heart desires. Plus it has fuel in it too to insulate the kerbals and give your rocket some extra fuel for usage. I didn\'t like my kerbals soaked in fuel so I configured the part file and set the fuel to 0. Look in the plugin section for it.

Pickled in petroleum.

? Kerbonaut Retrieval Claw ?

Never miss another chance at true love, a Bill is out there somewhere, for each and every one of us.

2ufzx20.jpg

The clamps lock down safely to keep the stranded Kerbonaut safe while you thrust for re-entry. Press G for easiest effect, since half of the clamps had to be placed there without symmetry, to keep the hatch opening clear. Which also serves to enable a Kerbonaut to squeeze through the opening near the hatch in case of wrongful imprisonment.

(May not function as advertised when heatshields are added to the game..) ;D ;D

The question is my dear, what happens to the kerbonaut after re-entry :D

i made one similar to this (just 4 legs and no struts) and pickd a kerbal after several trys, first, if you do it while on the ship, the kerbal sometimes get launched far away from the ship, so the thing is to close the claw, and switch to the eva kerbal to hold him in position.

sadly things in time warp time are not sweet, all parts have no collisions, and the kerbal scapes the claw every time.

so this is geat to rescew LKO kerbals, but half way to the moon or on moon orbit, just a pain to do it al at x1

better lauch a 3 crew member capsule, leave one on kerbin and go for the rescue XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.