Stock Community Base for 0.16

sjwt

Should we allow multiple launches on the one flight window?  

1. 1. Should we allow multiple launches on the one flight window?

Hello. I'm requesting a spot for a new base, will have one lander, claim to be private and funded only by Skyri Aerospace. Location: Mun. Will decide where once I get the sfs. Thanks!

Oh, and when you upload the sfs, do not make it a mediafire or dropbox. Can't seem to download from those at all, and I won't download from there.

Just wanted to ask, will I have to de-mod my game to avoid corrupting the save file or do I just have to not use mod parts?

Just don't use them in your ship and you should be fine. Parts in the VAB or SPH don't affect the save file, it's only when they're put on a ship and launched that they are included in the save or can begin saving their own data.

I would like to get a flight sometime next week [not now because I am away, I will post when I get back]

Just wanted to ask, will I have to de-mod my game to avoid corrupting the save file or do I just have to not use mod parts?

As you are downloading the posted persistent file, you will be fine as long as you don't use mod parts, just do not forget what is and isn't a mod :) But you can hallways extract KSP to another folder say 'KSP_Plain' and run a non-moded version as well.

Hello. I'm requesting a spot for a new base, will have one lander, claim to be private and funded only by Skyri Aerospace. Location: Mun. Will decide where once I get the sfs. Thanks!

Oh, and when you upload the sfs, do not make it a mediafire or dropbox. Can't seem to download from those at all, and I won't download from there.

Hi! Welcome aboard, we currently do not have an open slot for a new mun base, if you check the rules on the first post, all other bases must have 5+ ships for a new base to be made, I have added you down as going to the new unnamed mun base that will be coming up.. If you want to remove your self from this list, please advise..

I want to book a flight out into the middle of the ocean on kerbin, I shall deem it: Sealab

(Although it won't be much of a lab, it'll just be kinda floating there.... MEH)

Sorry, we dont have a current open slot for a new base on Kerbin, but maybe if you parked close to the Kerpan Island Holiday Resort it could be part of that? I have added you to list, please advise if you want to change that.

As you are downloading the posted persistent file, you will be fine as long as you don't use mod parts, just do not forget what is and isn't a mod :) But you can hallways extract KSP to another folder say 'KSP_Plain' and run a non-moded version as well.

Hi! Welcome aboard, we currently do not have an open slot for a new mun base, if you check the rules on the first post, all other bases must have 5+ ships for a new base to be made, I have added you down as going to the new unnamed mun base that will be coming up.. If you want to remove your self from this list, please advise..

Sorry, we dont have a current open slot for a new base on Kerbin, but maybe if you parked close to the Kerpan Island Holiday Resort it could be part of that? I have added you to list, please advise if you want to change that.

Sure, I'll take a spot for the new base, I shall get the OneMun 1 ready for launch, then.

Hey, this looks very interesting.

As a pure stock-pilot myself I'd like to join up once I got more time on my hands and figure out the game better (I just had my first successful moon landing - except for one broken lander leg - but I had just fumes left and crashed while trying to get back into Mun orbit).

Can I ask you guys one thing? I see a lot of you use ASAS on your landers. Personally I find ASAS make my rockets very hard to control (extremely sluggish) and I prefer to only use it for the first stage. Is that a flaw with my designs or my piloting or do you only use it in certain situations?

btw, first post, so hi! :)

-- Alex

Hi again!

Can I get a flight to the Minmus Kronos base please?

also, is it alright that the object I want to land is a stock shed? (I have other landers if not)

EDIT:

I don't know how long it takes to get through the list but I cant fly next week, but as long as I come after next week that's fine.

Edited by zpox357

Can I ask you guys one thing? I see a lot of you use ASAS on your landers. Personally I find ASAS make my rockets very hard to control (extremely sluggish) and I prefer to only use it for the first stage. Is that a flaw with my designs or my piloting or do you only use it in certain situations?

btw, first post, so hi! :)

-- Alex

ASAS effectively "locks" your ship into a certain heading. It takes control of your ship whenever it is activated, meaning you cannot control your ship (asides from thrusting) while it is activated. This means it is good for stabilizing your ship during launch, while doing orbital maneuvering burns, etc.

Now, to keep this post on topic. :P

I have successfully landed on the moon, but I had to step away from my computer for a bit so I am writing this from my phone. I will upload screenshots and the persistent.sfs file when I get back to my computer, probably in about 4 hours.

Edited by DArkB0mb3rz22

The K.L.E.M. Mk. 1 Has succsesfully landed on the edge of a crater, to set up the second glorious Kerbal Moon Base!

Credgebaselocation.png

Aptly dubbed "Credge" base by the brave kerbal who first stepped foot on the location of the base; Thompley Kerman (below, center), the first craft is pictured here:

(complete with over-dramatic photo editing)

FirstPicturefromCratersEdgeBase.png

The landing itself was largely kerbal, with the RCS tank and engine of one of the four "pods" falling off inexplicably during the landing. (of which, surprisingly, only the RCS tank exploded).

ApoIIo, ITS YOUR TURN!

Download link: http://www./?r91k020n20t7nkt

Can you do for me a space station with some ways to walk in it? With the Kerbals i mean. You can use any mods. And a challenge for you.

-The SpaceStation is also a Munstation. It can be land on the mun. And you can escape in space with it, again.

You are allowed to use Mechjeb! :D

Can you do it? That is a very hard challenge. But remember! It should be a big station like the Colossus space station! :D:D

Thanks to you if you do that. ;)

Can you do for me a space station with some ways to walk in it? With the Kerbals i mean. You can use any mods. And a challenge for you.

-The SpaceStation is also a Munstation. It can be land on the mun. And you can escape in space with it, again.

You are allowed to use Mechjeb! :D

Can you do it? That is a very hard challenge. But remember! It should be a big station like the Colossus space station! :D:D

Thanks to you if you do that. ;)

Here:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/14900-Mod-Community-Base-for-0-16/page12

Mun command alpha

where do i get the save download

each person posts a link to the current file when they are done for the next person on the list (see the first post for rules and request a flight!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.