WHY 1.2???

Kerbilizer

Every large update has broken(most) mods. Think of when they updated to 1.1... that update broke all mods that use a GUI, or the one that changed the way parts were loaded in the game, it too broke mods... it's the way it is... 

Besides not all mods are broken most part pack mods still work and many mods already have been updated. 

Why now?

Because they made a bunch of changes to the program.  It's a much more reasonable time for things to stop working.  If things were to just stop working between updates, there would be a lot more questions.

That's a problem of steam and how it updates, not the games fault. Reason why you should always copy the game folder to somewhere else.

Btw, you can still chose 1.1.3 under the beta tab. Do that and, after it 'updated', copy your folder somewhere else.

Also no reason to be hysteric about it. You get better answers if you write your problem down in a rational way, these threads are just silly.

Edited by Temeter

1 hour ago, Kerbilizer said:

So the real question is Why now???   

A more shallow answer would be along the lines of “many of the problems associated with 1.2 were caused by faulty components that needed to be replaced by better ones”

Of course you can keep your mods in working condition... just stick to 1.1.3. If you feel you miss out on something (until the mod makers have found the time and energy to update those mods for us, free of charge, in their spare time, instead of having fun and actually playing KSP), well... that's the price paid for upgrading. It's annoying at time, but usually worth it.

Compromise: stick to 1.1.3 for now, and upgrade a couple of weeks for now. The downside of that is that you'll miss out on the Nyan Cat!

Been there, done that. Since version 0.21. Or was it 0.20?. There's people here going through the same for even more time. No reason to get angry or feel frustrated because of game updates, just do what the nice people here suggest: backup your game folder. The update schedule wasn't picked specifically to annoy you, it is what it is, it affects all players and modders the same and we should actually be happy about it, since an update - generally - means the game is getting improved, and mods - generally - will be updated in time.

Another thing to keep in mind is that KSP isn't the only game this ever happens to.  When Bethesda updates Skyrim, Fallout 4, whatever, many mods need to get updated as well, depending on what the update changes.  The Witcher 3 has had mods broken because of patches/updates/DLC expansions.  It's a part of modded gaming.

Besides, 1.2 fixed a bunch of issues with the previous version, issues which were pretty bad.  Would you rather Squad never fixed any of those?

4 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I find it a little weird when people say this. My 1.1.3 heavily modded install only crashed once over summer. 1.2 is a lot better, much faster.

Yeah, my experience too. 1.1.3, even with RO+etc ran just fine. Guess we got lucky/others got unlucky?

1.2 is ofc much better.

Edited by Temeter

6 hours ago, Kerbilizer said:

After the update to ksp 1.2 from 1.1.3 nearly every mod for KSP became immediately useless and in-compatible. So the real question is Why now???   

Hey, guys! I bought a new car, but my old car's keys don't work in it. So the real question is Why now???

Da Cheat! Get on this!

42 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I find it a little weird when people say this. My 1.1.3 heavily modded install only crashed once over summer. 1.2 is a lot better, much faster.

Not everyone had issues, but significant numbers of us apparently did or we wouldn't be saying it.  I can't explain why we had problems, let alone why some of us did and some of us didn't.

In the end it doesn't matter, the dark days seem to be over and 1.1 will go down in Kerbal history as the worst version ever.

17 minutes ago, Alshain said:

In the end it doesn't matter, the dark days seem to be over and 1.1 will go down in Kerbal history as the worst version ever.

Really? Wow, looks like I dodged a bullet there then - pretty much missed the entire 1.1x set of updates due to Elite Dangerous :wink:

As for the OP: I'm not even sure I can parse that post. As in, what's the actual question/issue?

6 hours ago, Temeter said:

Yeah, my experience too. 1.1.3, even with RO+etc ran just fine. Guess we got lucky/others got unlucky?

1.2 is ofc much better.

Well I was very lucky having KSP 1.1.3, I heavily nodded it and still my game hadn't crashed once but what I was raging about was that I was mid game when steam decided to update my game and so whilst I was playing the game just shut down and when I rebooted again it seemed I had 1.2. So yeah this is what all the fuss is about.;.;

12 hours ago, Alshain said:

Because 1.1.3 was useless with or without mods.

I'm still playing 1.0.5 because of certain problems in the 1.1 line. Looks like I should be able to play 1.2 just fine though... just as soon as I'm done with a few more missions using my awesome xenon-drive flagship.

7 hours ago, Kerbilizer said:

Well I was very lucky having KSP 1.1.3, I heavily nodded it and still my game hadn't crashed once but what I was raging about was that I was mid game when steam decided to update my game and so whilst I was playing the game just shut down and when I rebooted again it seemed I had 1.2. So yeah this is what all the fuss is about.;.;

As said, you should always copy over game folder to somewhere else. KSP has no copy protection at all, so you neither need steam and can start a game folder from everywhere. :wink:

8 hours ago, Kerbilizer said:

So.. basically, you're ticked off at Squad, for something that's Steam's fault..

now.. where have I heard this before?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.