Bristol Beaufighter TF.10 replica

Oh how much this down time between a major update and all the mods getting updated drive me crazy sometimes :confused:.

All those grate ideas and projects that i'm having to throw away because a mod doesn't work anymore.

It's kinda surprising that just how much losing a small "assist" can cripple you. well, it's a good thing i don't use too many mods, so i still know how to create something wonderful using the bare essentials :wink:.

And luckily KAX isn't too broken, so all those wonderful prop engines still work, except for all their animations and thrust reverse.

Anyway, time to go check out the workshop and see what i have in store for today.

nszeerJ.png

The Beaufighter just happened to pop in to my head while i was scrolling the forums. I taught immediately that, that might be a fun little challenge to make, and shouldn't need the help of No offset limits.

And let me tell you. it was a lot harder than i taught to replicate this one. Usually i plan these kinds of projects ahead of time instead of just winging it.

The fuselage alone was a pretty interesting thing to replicate, but the nose, the NOSE.

ETIjEbn.png

Making custom cockpit's without the use of no offset limits can be quite the pain. But this time it wasn't that, this time it was just trying to make the damn thing clean and accurate at the same time. But nothing it's nothing i can't handle :wink:.

Needless to say, it turned out to be a fun little challenge. And i must say, the results speak for themselves.

gJGaYpf.png

Important: after loading the rear gunner, you need to click on the cockpit and say control from here, or you controls will be reversed.

nJNvDnP.png

WNmB3lg.png

I added only two rockets per wing due to them causing enormous amounts of lag. The Comms DTS M1's that i use as fins are the source of the lag.

And here is an angle i'm pretty sure all you WarThunder players (including myself) are all too familiar with.

lnlqWqp.png

UqelSms.png

i will probably update the craft once some mods update so i can arm the thing and give it some nice RAF roundels :wink:.

Specks:

Top speed: 90 m/s.

Stall speed: 30 m/s.

Armament: nothing at the moment.

Length: 15.1m.

Width: 19.7m.

Height: 6.0m.

Mass: 23.5 tons.

Parts: 308.

Mod used: KAX.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cop1g3w8p6c4rvl/Bristol Beaufighter TF_10.craft?dl=0

And there it is for you, a lovely little replica of a lovely little WW2 plane. I hope you enjoy it :).

PS. i also only now found out that you can correct typos using the right-klick menu.

Edited by kapteenipirk
Typos as usual

Nice build man, I like it!

From someone who learned to build without no offsets I can say for sure that building shapes without it is not harder it just takes many, many more parts to make the same shapes. Without no offsets you just have to make an under 'frame' from cubic struts that you can then build on top of.

12 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Nice build man, I like it!

From someone who learned to build without no offsets I can say for sure that building shapes without it is not harder it just takes many, many more parts to make the same shapes. Without no offsets you just have to make an under 'frame' from cubic struts that you can then build on top of.

Well, luckily the build happened to be small enough to work with limited offset, so no 'frames' where needed this time.

8 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

Well, luckily the build happened to be small enough to work with limited offset, so no 'frames' where needed this time.

You do know that nooffset limits mod is now pointless?

VAB_FINE_OFFSET_THRESHOLD

Just set this (in the settings.cfg) to some large number like 10-20 and hold down shift in game.  That defines how far the game lets you offset two parts while using fine offset mode (shift key default) so just set it so something high (i use 20 which means 20m offset maximum) and you are set (makes the old essential mod pointless imo)...

1 hour ago, panzer1b said:

VAB_FINE_OFFSET_THRESHOLD

Just set this (in the settings.cfg) to some large number like 10-20 and hold down shift in game.  That defines how far the game lets you offset two parts while using fine offset mode (shift key default) so just set it so something high (i use 20 which means 20m offset maximum) and you are set (makes the old essential mod pointless imo)...

Well editor extensions redux comes with no offset included and you don't have to press shift every time. ;-)

1 hour ago, panzer1b said:

No, i did not know that. But thanks for pointing that out :).

But, as MajorJim says.

25 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Well editor extensions redux comes with no offset included and you don't have to press shift every time. ;-)

Yep, it saves time and reduces headaches :wink:.

Plus, i'm not too hot on modifying game files in "unintended ways".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.