"Experimental Science"?

waterlubber

5 hours ago, Enginerdy said:

Experimental science unlocks the narrow band scanner. Maybe when you get that part you should go back and scan in the area? I haven't gotten that far in my new career to test it out myself.

Yes, so it looks like finding that monolith should unlock the node, if you already have it nothing should happen.
Appears to be a lot of new monoliths around. 

:o easter eggs unlock tech nodes?!

I may have to restart career with this revalation in mind.

Does the one right by KSC give anything? I've never even botherted to visit that one.

Is it only monoliths, or do the crashed saucers, mun arches, pyramids, duna face, etc give anything?

thats pretty cool!

It looks like its only the new easter eggs. :wink:

Though sadly it doesn't look like the name of the unlocked tech node is stored anywhere, so there is no way to build a record of which tech nodes have been unlocked like you can with the regular progress node rewards.

WOW!

That's pretty awesome, but given how far I got in my new Career without even leaving Kerbin, and how much farther I got with just a few equatorial Mun landings, I worry I'm not going to get any use out of that feature unless the next KSP includes a lot more parts and tech nodes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.