Need a modeler to help with some changes

I code, and never learned to model. Which leads to my problem: 

I am updating an older model which has two parts, each with two wheels attached.  Due to the new wheel modules, this won't work anymore.

The wheels need to be removed and made into individual parts, so each of the original parts will end up being two parts; the axle aND a wheel which gets attached to each side.  It's possible that the wheels are the same on both of the original parts.

Anyone care to help?

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I code, and never learned to model. Which leads to my problem: 

I am updating an older model which has two parts, each with two wheels attached.  Due to the new wheel modules, this won't work anymore.

The wheels need to be removed and made into individual parts, so each of the original parts will end up being two parts; the axle aND a wheel which gets attached to each side.  It's possible that the wheels are the same on both of the original parts.

Anyone care to help?

Would this be the LLL wheel units  for the KSC++ yellow trucks i did for lack many ,moons ago ? as they sound like them, If they are the only way around the problem is to make 1 wheel  that will fit within the arch, i did one for Lack as wheel that would be universal, is that still around?  basically it follows the same format as the TR2L which is ideal for such tight space requirements. I know i'm still owing you a part delivery, but i do still have i believe the original files and materials and could port the wheel across to 1.2 without too much bother.

For anyone elses reference the wheels are identical and IIRC there is no physical suspension part, it;s all done purely be transforms, as the game cares not about how things look as long as they are the right name :)

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Would this be the LLL wheel units  for the KSC++ yellow trucks i did for lack many ,moons ago ? as they sound like them, If they are the only way around the problem is to make 1 wheel  that will fit within the arch, i did one for Lack as wheel that would be universal, is that still around?  basically it follows the same format as the TR2L which is ideal for such tight space requirements. I know i'm still owing you a part delivery, but i do still have i believe the original files and materials and could port the wheel across to 1.2 without too much bother.

For anyone elses reference the wheels are identical and IIRC there is no physical suspension part, it;s all done purely be transforms, as the game cares not about how things look as long as they are the right name :)

Yes they are.  This would be great if you could get it to me.

Thanks

3 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

yeah not till after he finishes the eagle hehe. 

Goddam stalkers :P  now the marine mods are released i actually have the time to finish the last parts of the Eagle , different league though, porting the wheels took a couple of hours, whereas just working out how to do the iva from the base i had. took an entire evening.

have a look at the orca command pod from usi for ideas on the cockpit and id think you could throw in the 16 seat iva from the mk3 crew cabin. 

i made a life support looking module for space stations that i welded together using lll and usi stuff. so thanks for keeping that updated linux. need help with anything let me know im kinda in the same boat as you can do the cfg stuff. im still working on setting up the stuff to do dll's then i can help with that as well if you need it. But finally took the dive and set up blender and trying to figure that out. 

Edited by COL.R.Neville

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.