Loss of EVA control upon letting go of ladder

So I've encountered a new glitch.  My game is modded, but I'm not thinking a mod is causing a problem.

I have a simple craft so there aren't many parts to cause problems.  When I let go of the ladder I have no control.  What ever the last direction I moved in, is the direction that persists.  So lets say I crawl up the ladder beyond the ladder, I keep floating endlessly away off of the Mun.  If I go down the ladder, I'll make contact with the Mun, but I can't walk or do anything but look like I'm floating. Turning on RCS allows me to use the jets, but it has no impact on the movement of my kerbal.  It just animates and uses monoprop.

The odd thing is, the EVA worked fine the first time when I originally landed, but I knocked my craft over bumping into it. So I reloaded the quick save I did upon landing, and that's when the problem started.  I tried going to a different craft and coming back, but the same issue arrises.

Another discovery, I decided to take off and try to re-land hoping that would fix the issue.  However, my craft will not leave the surface.  It stays at 0 m/s even when the jets are running at full thrust.  Its almost as if the craft became bound to the surface and thats what is causing my kerbal to glitch.

I've now resolved the issue by completely exiting KSP, and re-loading.  While I don't require help, I thought this issue should be documented for anyone else experiencing similar issues.

I've got some weirdness going on.  I just went to launch a craft, and my entire craft just started floating off the launchpad before I did anything.  When I tried to launch, thrust again has no effect on the rocket.  Seems it probably is a mod causing an issue somewhere.  Probably related to the last fiasco.  I'll report back when I figure this out.

5 minutes ago, Kerbal Kommander said:

I've got some weirdness going on.  I just went to launch a craft, and my entire craft just started floating off the launchpad before I did anything.  When I tried to launch, thrust again has no effect on the rocket.  Seems it probably is a mod causing an issue somewhere.  Probably related to the last fiasco.  I'll report back when I figure this out.

it is definitely mod related. I had this issue happen in 1.0.5. i dont remember which mod it was exactly but i solved it by removing all my mods and adding them one by one until i found the culprit.

I had normal play yesterday. I added station parts expansion, updated roverdude's mods, but I didn't delete, I just overwrote.  I'm guessing that could have caused a problem.  Not sure which other mod I updated... but it came with Module manager 2.7.2, but roverdude is only distributing 2.7.1 with his mods.  Do you think that could be a problem?

Kopernicus came with MM 2.7.2, that was the other mod I added along with Stock Visual Terrain

I've been having this issue as well. To be more specific: the problem only occurs when a Kerbal plants a flag; this is why it appears to only happen when landed.

@Raideur Ng is right, the cause is ModularFlightIntegrator version 1.2.1, which is packaged with Kopernicus. Updating to ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.2 (available here) seems to have fixed the problem (the change log mentions that 1.2.2 fixes an issue related to flags).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.