Anti G Flight Suit

Anti G Flight Suit

Kerbals can now feel G-force.

The anti G flight suit should be a researchable item found in the Survivability node.

Also an upgraded suit found maybe in the High Altitude Flight node.

"The suit had been cut to fit me perfectly, standing up. . . . In the airplane I was sitting down, and when the pressure hit I thought it was going to cut me in two. The idea became practical only when we realized that great areas of the body could be left outside the fluid system." - Dr. Wilbur R. Franks

edit:

Please add Dr. Wilbur R. Kerman to the list of kerbals.  Sorry for sounding insisting.  Thank you.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

Yeah, there was that one British ace pilot from WW2 that lost his legs and because of that he could endure tighter turns. Makes sense.

But to stay on topic: I don't think that's really needed. The experienced Kerbals can already take a lot of gees, so I don't think there's much sense in introducing some sort of super Crysis suit for pilots.

Edited by Veeltch

3 hours ago, MoeslyArmlis said:

What !??

So after doing a little research I found this video indicating that is not the true story.  @:2:40

In that Video there is the beginning of a "Bad Joke"

.....I know that joke!

It's old.....A bit like me I guess.....It's spread to Japan? Or did it migrate here?

Weird. The Internet is weird.

ME

5 hours ago, MoeslyArmlis said:

What !??

So after doing a little research I found this video indicating that is not the true story.  @:2:40

"Just metal boots?"

I'm not buying it, no way their feet/ankles would fit in the space provided.

I mean, if you look closely there is even a "Bolt/Nut" at the pivot point.

SF1.png

Nintendo is just trying to cover this up, to protect their "kid friendly" image. They've since redesigned the entire team to have regular old boots. But it's clear that originally they had cybernetic replacement legs. Keep the truth alive brothers!

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

9 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

"Just metal boots?"

I'm not buying it, no way their feet/ankles would fit in the space provided.

I mean, if you look closely there is even a "Bolt/Nut" at the pivot point.

SF1.png

Nintendo is just trying to cover this up, to protect their "kid friendly" image. They've since redesigned the entire team to have regular old boots. But it's clear that originally they had cybernetic replacement legs. Keep the truth alive brothers!

That image certainly indicates those a are unlikely boots.  In fact that image almost smacks the idea right in your face.with Starfox in that pose.

2 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Hm... interesting! I'm going to draw up some concepts of what every suit would look like.

My current idea is to have 3 suits. Each for the level tier of the Astronaut Complex. With every upgrade, comes higher G tolerance.

Here is Dr Wilbur R Franks with the prototype anti G suit.

TC-capsule4801.jpg

Article

3 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Hm... interesting! I'm going to draw up some concepts of what every suit would look like.

My current idea is to have 3 suits. Each for the level tier of the Astronaut Complex. With every upgrade, comes higher G tolerance.

This is a great idea, would download the mod.  G tolerance should be hilariously low in the beginning

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.