trouble getting docking ports to "connect" in vab

When building rockets and spaceplanes in 1.2, I can't get docking ports line up anymore and click together.  They work fine when actually docking, but when building, they wont click together like they used to in previous versions.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

TToPi87.jpg

YboUiHP.jpg

Edited by flatbear

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try putting the ports together by themselves.  put one on a vessel, the put the matching one on top of it, the put other parts on the second port

I tried that but they just wont click together in 1.2.  It used to work in previous versions.  Not sure if im doing something wrong or its just a 1.2 thing

As johny said for the lower one, you cant connect those types in the vab(where you have to open the cover)

hard to really see for the first, surface attaching them, if they are at an odd angle, sometimes it messes up the second , sometimes its the angle your looking at it.  ive had some where it wouldnt snap so i placed it aside, and re-selected it, and it snapped. usually after a bit of trying all the different directions it could face ill get one that likes to snap.

if your having trouble getting them to snap while they are on a surface attach, so that its an odd angle,   try placing the first port on a proper node, attach the port to it since they snap easier when straight up n down,  then move the first port to the surface location you want

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.