Is it possible to disable Steam KSP update completely?

Basically when Steam updates KSP without my permission,  it breaks all of my mods and CKAN, as in CKAN will refuses to install new mods, and because I have a lot of mods installed, it can take me 1-3 months for all of my mods to be upgraded to new KSP version. I can just run KSP without Steam, but then I lose Steam hours played tracking. So is it possible for me to disable updates completely?

You have 2 options I can think of: don't run Steam until you're ready to update, or copy your entire KSP folder somewhere else and run it from there so when Steam updates it won't touch your copy, but the original.

I personally do the second one of those, and have a friend who did the first recently when 1.2.1 came out.

This works because KSP is DRM free. KSP is DRM free because Squad is awesome.

In Steam library, right click KSP, go to properties... 

Under the "Updates" tab, make sure these settings are to your liking.

Under the "Betas" tab, you can use previous versions of KSP

Unfortunately, you can not stop steam from updating automatically and this angers a lot of users. Here is a similar discussion: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/618463738393175663/  (note the first sentence of the top first reply)

59 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I personally do the second one of those, and have a friend who did the first recently when 1.2.1 came out.

The problem with the first one, is that it's just like not feeding mogwai after midnight. You will forget it, eventually.

I do the second, too. If you have CKAN, you can even set your multiple installs on it and have different mod configurations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.