Game is line-y and screenshots are entirely broken

12 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

My game is covered in mysterious lines and screenshots are entirely incoherent

Behold!

http://imgur.com/a/x01CT

OSX? if so it's likely the supersampling, it doesn't work very well with Unity.

Try setting the resolution in OSX to your monitors normal resolution, not some 2x or 4x high resolution mode.

2 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

OSX? if so it's likely the supersampling, it doesn't work very well with Unity.

Try setting the resolution in OSX to your monitors normal resolution, not some 2x or 4x high resolution mode.

I've done that. Didn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance. Also, how are you, Iron Red Crown, and a few others seemingly everywhere at the same time? It's freakin' me out! lol

We watch...

I'd need a Mac with a 4k screen to test, but this has come up before and that was the fix apparently, I'm not sure how Apple do it but I assume it is using interpolation to reach the super high resolutions on a 4k screen, every other pixel is a guess based on the pixels around it.

If the desktop resolution is set to something more sensible for a laptop (I assume it's a Macbook of some kind) of 1440x900 it should work.

1 hour ago, sal_vager said:

We watch...

I'd need a Mac with a 4k screen to test, but this has come up before and that was the fix apparently, I'm not sure how Apple do it but I assume it is using interpolation to reach the super high resolutions on a 4k screen, every other pixel is a guess based on the pixels around it.

If the desktop resolution is set to something more sensible for a laptop (I assume it's a Macbook of some kind) of 1440x900 it should work.

Mine is 1280 x 800

56 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

Mine is 1280 x 800

Some of the Experimental team have Macs, what model do you have and what are your graphics settings both on the Mac and in KSP?

If you could upload your current settings.cfg file others could try it.

1 hour ago, sal_vager said:

Some of the Experimental team have Macs, what model do you have and what are your graphics settings both on the Mac and in KSP?

If you could upload your current settings.cfg file others could try it.

On it! Roughly 5 minutes. I don't know why I'm typing this instead of getting screenshots and copy-pastes lol

Running OS X Yosemite v 10.10.5, although it was doing the same thing pre-update

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor = 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory = 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics = Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Display scale = unscaled/default scaled. I have it on unscaled if it makes a difference

Settings.cfg = http://pastebin.com/C7TwCh7e

I can't leave .log's because it's too big for pastebin and it "crashed" the page when I tried to paste it here

Also, there are cracks in every celestial body. The ones I can personally confirm are: Much of the KSC, some parts of the north pole, Minmus, random other parts of Kerbin, and a few spots on Laythe (I don't leave Kerbin much). I can gareintee (I can't spell that word, no matter how hard I try; I give up!) there are many many many many many many did-I-say-many? more spots like that. I didn't bother mentioning them until now because it seems to be happening for everyone, but I might as well bring it up, right?

Edited by Fireheart318

SCREEN_RESOLUTION_WIDTH = 1024
SCREEN_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT = 768

To display this on a 1280 x 800 screen will mean the image has to be stretched, you won't get square pixels, and this could be why you're seeing the lines.

Try setting KSP to 1280 x 800, manually if necessary by editing the settings.cfg

I don't know why this would affect your screenshots though, likely that is a separate issue, after setting the correct resolution in KSP try disabling KSP's anti-aliasing, you currently have it set to the default of 2.

2 hours ago, sal_vager said:

SCREEN_RESOLUTION_WIDTH = 1024
SCREEN_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT = 768

To display this on a 1280 x 800 screen will mean the image has to be stretched, you won't get square pixels, and this could be why you're seeing the lines.

Try setting KSP to 1280 x 800, manually if necessary by editing the settings.cfg

I don't know why this would affect your screenshots though, likely that is a separate issue, after setting the correct resolution in KSP try disabling KSP's anti-aliasing, you currently have it set to the default of 2.

Loading... it's taking a while because of mods (this issue happens with a fresh, un-modded save, so I put it in the un-modded section)... module manager is overlapping, whatevs... excrements! Wrong version! No wonder typing was so slow, I opened two at once! (I keep three versions of KSP on the Dock - 0.90 (I got it right before it disappeared in the 1.1 update), 1.1.3, and 1.2.1)

isLoaded = True

linesPresent = False

resolutionExperience = 0.000

timeToAdapt = 1800

screenshotWonkinessFactor = 0

Holy excrements! Thank you! Now my Minus base won't take off every time I need to take a screenshot! If I weren't around people, I'd probably be dancing and therefore, face planting 20120309145729-base-face-plant.jpg

I'm gonna stop typing before I make an even bigger fool of myself. Thanks yet again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.